Windows Live Hotmail to Debut Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

marulez

Broken In
Microsoft Corporation on Monday will finally bring its completely revamped version of its popular online e-mail service out of beta and into full release. According to sources familiar with the company's plans, Microsoft has been quietly rolling out version 1 of Windows Live Hotmail in smaller international markets such as Belgium and the Netherlands to test the new system. Monday's rollout give U.S. users and the other estimated 250 million Hotmail subscribers around the world access to the application, sources said. Microsoft Thursday declined to comment through its public relations agency. *www.pcworld.com/article/id,131535-c,email/article.html

anandk

Distinguished Member
ya 'windows live hotmail' is faster now ... looks good. been using it for the last 3-4 days.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Plz MS, provide Hotmail in Outlook fascility for free :D

Oh well, HTTP has its own benifits too like I can access anywhere :D

anandk

Distinguished Member
Microsoft Launches Windows Live Hotmail Worldwide

Built from the ground up, the new Windows Live Hotmail is now safer, more powerful and available virtually anywhere.

Microsoft Corp. today announced that Windows Live™ Hotmail®, the successor to MSN® Hotmail, is launching globally in 36 languages. The most significant upgrade for Hotmail since it pioneered the webmail industry in 1996, the new service has been built to be a vast improvement over the previous Hotmail offering, having incorporated input from more than 20 million beta testers. Windows Live Hotmail will deliver a safer, more powerful and productive e-mail experience than previous versions with flexible access via the Web, on a mobile phone or with an e-mail client. Microsoft also announced that later this month Windows Live Hotmail customers will be able to access their Windows Live Hotmail e-mail and contacts for free* using Microsoft® Office Outlook® 2003 or Office Outlook 2007 via the new Microsoft Office Outlook Connector beta.

*www.microsoft.com/Presspass/press/2007/may07/05-06WLHotmailLaunchPR.mspx

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Microsoft also announced that later this month Windows Live Hotmail customers will be able to access their Windows Live Hotmail e-mail and contacts for free* using Microsoft® Office Outlook® 2003 or Office Outlook 2007 via the new Microsoft Office Outlook Connector beta.
Yahoooooooooooooooooooo

( not sponcerd by Yahoo! Inc :D)

I already have this but connector doesn't work with my Live Mail account right now, very good as now both my Yahoo Mail & Hotmail will be in sync with my Outlook 2007. Access to same mails anywhere.

@ The Unknown at your sig

What the......Power of P4 in P3 using Linux? how come does linux increses the calculation capability of a CPU's processing ability.?

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
@anandk
I cleared the cache of my FF Browser but Still see the BETA tag?..see the scrnshot.. :(
*www.supload.us/thumbs/default/hotmail.JPG

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
gx_saurav said:
@ The Unknown at your sig

What the......Power of P4 in P3 using Linux? how come does linux increses the calculation capability of a CPU's processing ability.?

It does not increase the CPU's ability. It decreases the load of the CPU. Linux does not overload the CPU so it does not hang; according to my observation while windows overloads the CPU and it hangs.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
The Unknown said:
according to my observation while windows overloads the CPU and it hangs.

Lolz...

any OS will overload the CPU to max if it needs to. It will use full CPU resources when required whether Windows , Linux or Mac. If you are saying Linux doesn't overloads then it means it is not using the full potential of your CPU

Ane No, Windows doesn't hangs due to this. No computer ever "hangs", it just gets "slow" at doing things. You leave that Windows PC for 5 mins & it will come back to normal, same goes with Linux, high CPU usage slows down the applications in Linux too.

anandk

Distinguished Member
"...in an unrelated development Yahoo will begin offering unlimited storage for its free Web-based e-mail in May, the company announced late Tuesday. The move makes Yahoo the first of the major free e-mail providers to offer unlimited storage, but it likely will not be the last." (btw apna rediffmail offers unlimited space)

btw some related reads :

Microsoft to bring Hotmail onto the desktop

Microsoft has started beta testing software that will take its Web e-mail onto the desktop.

"...Bowing to its users, and despite grumblings from the developers, Microsoft shifted much of the team away from the "full" version and onto classic..."
nice reads here & here.

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
gx_saurav said:
Lolz...

any OS will overload the CPU to max if it needs to. It will use full CPU resources when required whether Windows , Linux or Mac. If you are saying Linux doesn't overloads then it means it is not using the full potential of your CPU

Ane No, Windows doesn't hangs due to this. No computer ever "hangs", it just gets "slow" at doing things. You leave that Windows PC for 5 mins & it will come back to normal, same goes with Linux, high CPU usage slows down the applications in Linux too.
leave it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom