Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) to be upgraded

Status
Not open for further replies.

anandk

Distinguished Member
Microsoft's controversial anti-piracy application, Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA), is to be upgraded next week... (to better the detection)...

The updates to WGA will incorporate user feedback, according to Microsoft, and it aims to make more information available about how the program works to those who download it, presumably to calm any privacy fears.

Though the update is officially optional, if you have Automatic Updates installed on your PC, the new WGA tool will be downloaded without your knowlegde.

*www.webuser.co.uk/news/109951.html

T

thunderbird.117

No problem for me. Iam a Pirate user. I never had WGA problem. Even if they keep upgrading :p.

lalam

In the zone
Oh this has gotta suck for most of us.....Force made genuine here too but if this gets around than the future has been predicted.

T

thunderbird.117

lalam said:
Oh this has gotta suck for most of us.....Force made genuine here too but if this gets around than the future has been predicted.

Lool. I did not force me :p.

Better luck next time MS.

rajasekharan

Youngling
i use another safe method to make the windows original , so no problem with it no matter they do what ever unless they ban,i am sure they cant for "students" ;-)

Last edited:
T

thunderbird.117

rajasekharan said:
i use another safe method to make the windows original , so no problem with it no matter they do what ever unless they ban,i am sure they cant for "students" ;-)

did not understood what you are telling?.

Aberforth

The Internationalist
I have Genuine OEM but knowing Microsoft their updates have the possibility of breaking my system. The last security update corrupted my internal bluetooth module and needed me a whole restore process to get it back to work.

T

thunderbird.117

Aberforth said:
I have Genuine OEM but knowing Microsoft their updates have the possibility of breaking my system. The last security update corrupted my internal bluetooth module and needed me a whole restore process to get it back to work.

Same thing happened to my graphics card. It said that my graphics card need a driver. So i thought installing that will make my care a happy one. After installing. The graphics card was acting very strange. Desktop restored to 16bit colour has there was no 32 bit colour.

So i had to remove all the graphics card driver and start from beginning. Iam no longer need to install any patch or other crap. What is the point of installing a security patch. I do not fear hackers getting into my sys. They would not find anything useful of my sys. Security updates are good for paranoid people.

Pathik

Google Bot
cyborg47 said:
No matter what microsoft does, the cracker will find a way to bypass the detection.
exactly..
and if that doesnt happen then 90% indians ll go the LINUX way :D

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
My windows is Pirated which i have made it genuine using an awesome method..So I hope this wont give me any probz!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom