Windows Games Running in OS X

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Something is better than nothing ... finally the mac guys will know wat theyv been missing for a looooong time ... they get toplay windows games on their macs using VMWare Fusion on OS X

Video

andy hope to see u in the gamerz section after some time ;)

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
dont worry i can tell u most of the replies on this topic will be "we dont need/play games"

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
mav3 said:
andy hope to see u in the gamerz section after some time

The only game he masters in is solitire i m sure :D, but macboys will come & say we dont need/play games

Edit : just like we gamers said :D
goobimama said:
We don't need or play games...

However, here is the catch, CPU virtualisation is available, but not GPU virtualisation to full extent. This video is quite old too, see the DX 8.1 logo. Again, shows how much Apple has to depend on MS technologies to survive (DirectX)

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
All Windows games made with OpenGL will run on Linux.....with some slight modification to maybe the sound, & input output engine

However, direct emulation of DirectX will not be possible with DX 10 due to WDDM, all DX 9 games can be emulated though with direct connection to the GPU, bypassing the host OS

mediator

Technomancer
rakeshishere said:
Would it be Possible if I could listen--All Windows games on my Linux BOX :D
Ya u can see too :D! Gaming experience on windows is the best! Neways see some linux games here.

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
mAV3 said:
andy hope to see u in the gamerz section after some time ;)

I used a fair bit of Windows 98 in my time. Never really liked games. I have played NFS 2SE, though. I was always more interested in reading(still am) and writing. I always used my free time in reading and wasting time in Cricket coaching. I'm 20 now, so I don't think I'll ever be a gamer. More work and more studies to follow very soon.

Wrong. The only game I play well is Cricket. In the real world, I mean. However, not everyone knows what it is like practicing in 45 degrees heat. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom