Windows games on Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
From the same developers that brought Windows games to the Linux platform (Cedega), TransGaming this week introduced Cider, an application "wrapper" that essentially allows Mac gamers to install and play Windows games directly in OS X -- no dual-booting or virtualization required.

Cider is available for Intel-based Macs only, and according to TransGaming, users may see a performance hit ranging from 10 to 15 percent compared to the same game being played in Windows. It's likely that we will also be seeing game development for the Mac pick up as Apple finishes its transition over to Intel processors. Game development will be much easier because the hardware platform is virtually identical. Apple is expected to talk about the future of gaming on the Mac platform at its World Wide Developers Conference this week.

Source

G

gxsaurav

not quite, with MS ruling the gaming market with DirectX & now XNA, it seems Mac users are still in the dark-side

they did a good job switching to X86, & all the old PowerPC users are now seriously pawned by apple itself

this cidar will run on Intel Mac only, just like cross over, but still the graphic cards cannot be upgraded with any card available in the market, whast the point of gaming on a Mac in this case

i will compare gaming on Mac to Gaming on Intel onboard graphics in Windows :D

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
gxsaurav said:
i will compare gaming on Mac to Gaming on Intel onboard graphics in Windows
as they say .... something is better than nothing .... now an apple fan here can also enjoy some quality games which his apple had deprived him of :D

G

gxsaurav

sure they will, with their all new Powerfull Mac Pro, worth $2400 & Super duper workstation card geforce 7300GT, they can play all the games out there:D

I still can't stop laughing at their comparision with that Dell precision workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom