Windows File Encryption trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
Hi guys! I've got this really messy problem on my hand. The problem is, I've got few folders and its contents hidden and encrypted using the standard windows file encryption. I'm the sole user of my computer, but I had to hide and encrypt it as my cousins started to snoop around and they are not so tech savvy. The problem now is, I cant access those files myself using my account, which is an administrative account and even using the administrator account. I recently had to format and re-install my OS due to some problem. Could this be the problem? I need to access those files and its very urgent. I checked out the MS website, no luck to the methods as to wha they have suggested. Is there any method to access MY OWN files?? Please do help out.

Note: Those files are only text, so any tools to decrypt these kind of files only?

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
You formatted and re-installed the OS right? Did you take a backup of the public keys? If no, you can say goodbye to your data! There is absolutely NO way to recover it now. Thats why you should never use windows EFS. Always use 3rd party tools for encryption..

OP
phreak0ut

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
OH NO!!!!!!! Those data are VERY important and I didn't backup my data. There must be some way which I should be able to recover right? Please guys!! Help me out!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom