Windows Experience Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
the 2 screenshots should tell all ....

*img89.imageshack.us/img89/8158/capturezf2.jpg

*img524.imageshack.us/img524/7149/capture2ij9.jpg

first screen is computer properties it shows unrated and when i click on it it takes me to the next window where it should actually show the indvidual ratings but it isnt :(

sam_1710

Youngling
Same here
I used to get the individual ratings.. but nowadays.. i'm getting the same screen as yours... n.. BTW... my rating is 4.5

Pathik

Google Bot
Did u apply any updates recently??? Cos its showing all individual ratings in mine... btw my rating is 1.0 :(

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Mine is fully update and shows a rating of 5.3
Yes it legal and original Version, Vista Ultimate.No problems absolutely.
Hmm ,that stupid rating is because of the harddrive.
I need to install SCSI disk or try any of the Raid controller.

Pathik

Google Bot
maybe they disabled the individual ratings in a recent hotfix.. cos i havent updated since a month.. so its showing in my pc..

anandk

Distinguished Member
hey wth ! i get the rating as 3.2 but on clicking i get the same window that u get...now where r the individual ratings...???

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
^^ As iMav also asked it at MW, I hv replied there already. So don't want to post the same here:

*www.merawindows.com/Forums/tabid/324/forumid/-1/threadid/11950/scope/posts/Default.aspx

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
Read about WEI... here

And.. read on... here... to improve it :D

WEI has been a point of contention for many Windows Vista users because the WEI scores tend to be extremely low. Unfortunately, some software requires your WEI score to be above a certain threshold for all the features to work. Fortunately, it is easy to artificially raise your WEI score by modifying the configuration file.

1. [*]The first step is to check your current score. In order to check your WEI score, go to to Start >> Computer >> System Properties >> Performance

*www.petri.co.il/images/WEI1_small.png
    [*]Click Rate this computer. It will take a few minutes while Windows evaluates your computer.

*www.petri.co.il/images/WEI2_small.png
    [*]Your baseline WEI score will now be set.

*www.petri.co.il/images/WEI3_small.png
    [*]In order to raise this score, navigate to the following directory: C:\Windows\Performance\WinSAT\DataStore

*www.petri.co.il/images/WEI4_small.png

Note: You will need to have your UAC temporarily disabled to proceed with the rest of these steps, if you have not done that please read "Disable UAC in Windows Vista".
    [*]You will notice one or more XML files. Every time the WEI test is run, it will create a new XML file. Open the most recent file in Wordpad (Start >> All Programs >> Accessories >> Wordpad). Lines 14 - 21 have a simple score on each line with XML tags. You can manually change these scores to whatever value you want.

*www.petri.co.il/images/WEI5_small.png
    [*]Re-save the file with the same name and close Wordpad. If Windows prevents your from saving the file, ensure that you have disabled UAC. When you check your WEI score again, you will now notice a major improvement. Start >> Computer >> System Properties >> Performance

*www.petri.co.il/images/WEI6_small.png
Your new and improved Windows Experience Index will be permanently saved until you rerun the performance test. Any features of software relying on your Windows Experience Score will now be enabled. Don't worry if you accidentally mess up the file. You can delete the file and rerun the performance test and Windows Vista will recreate the file automatically.
[Source]

More info on WEI here...

Last edited:
OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
@anand use the second option in vishal's solution wrked for me ...

vishal said:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Control Panel\Performance Control Panel

set it to 1

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
all credit to vishal for finding solution ... some credit to me for finding the problem :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom