Windows Defender goes Free and Final... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Windows® Defender

Windows Defender is a free program that helps protect your computer against pop-ups, slow performance, and security threats caused by spyware and other unwanted software. It features Real-Time Protection, a monitoring system that recommends actions against spyware when it's detected and minimizes interruptions and helps you stay productive. Now with 2 free support incidents for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003

Read More and Download

P.S. Downloading may require Validation of Windows...

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Ok dude..Windows Defender was earlier called 'Microsoft AntiSpyware' which was free for download. Agree that, it was also Beta version. Microsoft promised earlier that Windows Defender would be a free version always.
Anyways,.....jus made a point seeing thread subject line. ;-) "Microsoft releases Final Windows Defender" would have been better. Thanks for the info!

saurabh.sauron

Ambassador of Buzz
I cant get the ways of Windows Defender. I cant even see it running in Real Time. I think it runs as a service. I dont bother to scan with it as it never detects anything. Adaware and Spybot rule...

manas

Wandering in the zone ...
saurav_cheeta said:
in that sense SpyBot or any other tool is also paid... as u need to have windows to run them and Windows is a paid software :mrgreen:...

Spybot does not require genuine Windows.. :mrgreen:

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Its final version has been released 2 months before :D

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39494

And it was free from the day it was announced ;)

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
saurabh.sauron said:
I cant get the ways of Windows Defender. I cant even see it running in Real Time. I think it runs as a service. I dont bother to scan with it as it never detects anything. Adaware and Spybot rule...

It is real time, just configure the settings. And do you notice that your system suddenly becomes slow sometimes, open defender, it will be scanning your HDD. And I had only one spyware in last 5months and Defender caught it. And I havn't faced a problem at all.

Aditya

freedom

Right off the assembly line
Yeah it’s come pretty handy and keeps off the malwarez / Trojans at bay.
Reduce risk and improve security.....5star

Alfansey06

Broken In
i have installed autopatcher Nov2006. now windows defender is installed by default alogwith other addons like IE7 and WMP11.

should i remove Avast now? is windows defender reliable against viruses?

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Alfansey06 said:
i have installed autopatcher Nov2006. now windows defender is installed by default alogwith other addons like IE7 and WMP11.

should i remove Avast now? is windows defender reliable against viruses?

Avast offers protection against Virus and Trojans only. It doesn't provide Spware protection. Windows Defender is a Anti-Spyware software.
No need to uninstall any of these. Keep both avast! and Windows Defender.

Know all about Spyware HERE

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom