Windows activation......

Discussion in 'Software Q&A' started by Ambar, Jun 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ambar

Ambar aka. ViKiD?

hey i have windows xp pro sp2 original cd rom (OEM)...
    now the prob is dat for the pc worked fine but one doomed day i was greeted by the BSOD.....so i formated my hard disk and reinstalled windows so far so good....but when it booted up it asked me to activate it i selecetd activate over the internet but to my serprise this copy could only be activated only 7 times and this my 8th

illegal part removed.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2006
  2. casanova

casanova The Frozen Nova

No illegal discussions allowed in this forum. Plz read the forum rules. Reporting

3. src2206

src2206 New Member

If you have original Win XP Cd then rather than looking for the illegal ways get in touch with Microsoft India. They have 24 hrs toll free numbers. You may also contact your local MS dealer I think they can provide you with a more legal solution.
    lol

4. Vyasram

Vyasram The pWnster

they do hav toll numbers. they never take the phone calls. i blive ur cd-key has been leaked to someone else or u used it in another computer.Bcoz, u can activate 25 times for oem. Use phone activation , thatz the best method.

5. gary4gar

gary4gar GaurishSharma.com

ya a sweet voice over phone gives u new keys.very good way of actvivating windows
    lol :D

6. sakumar79

sakumar79 Active Member

How is the experience of calling MS toll-free number? Personally, when I tried to activate my Win XP copy, I tried 3 or 4 days at various hours without being able to connect to them... Finally, I got a net connection on the computer and activated over the internet...

Arun

7. puja399

puja399 New Member

Funny.... I never had any trouble with windows updates, or service pack installations, or activation with my XP so far... as a matter of fact I didn't activate it yet since last 2 years :) And I am still happy with IE7, WMP11 etc. on my XP... I wonder whats the secret !!! :D :D

8. mehulved

mehulved 18 Till I Die............

Please don't ask for cracks and warez. Call up MS and inform about your problem. Or call up your vendor and ask for the solution.

9. hermit

hermit New Member

YES CAll M$ or ur MAnufacturer and activate u r product , its is possible to activate through PHONE

10. src2206

src2206 New Member

I called them quite a number of time sduring office hours and every time I got an answer promptly. No problem. I called the toll free always. I also activated using the same no.
    lol

11. hermit

hermit New Member

i back up activation

THIS IS NOT ILLGAL PROCEDURE ITS JUST A BACK UP PROCEDURE SO DONT GET CONFUSED FOR WHAT EVER I POSTED .

1. Double-click My Computer
    2. Double-click on the "C" drive
    3. Go to the C:\Windows\System32 folder (you may have to click on the link that says "Show The contents of this folder")
    4. Find the files "wpa.dbl" and "wpa.bak" and copy them to a safe location. You can copy them on a floppy drive or burn it onto a CD or DVD.
    5. After you have reinstalled Windows XP on your reformatted hard drive, click "No" when asked if you want to go ahead and go through the activation process
    6. Reboot your computer into SafeMode (you can either press F8 as Windows is booting up to see the Windows Advanced Options menu and select SAFEBOOT_OPTION=Minimal or follow the instructions in Starting Windows XP in SafeMode
    7. Double-click My Computer
    8. Double-click on the "C" drive
    9. Go to the C:\Windows\System32 folder (you may have to click on the link that says "Show The contents of this folder")
    10. Find the file "wpa.dbl" and "wpa.bak" (if it exists) and rename them to "wpadbl.new" and "wpabak.new"
    11. Copy your original "wpa.dbl" and "wpa.bak" files from your floppy disk, CD or DVD into the C:\Windows\System32 folder
    12. Restart your system (if you followed the directions in Starting Windows XP in SafeMode you may need to go back into MSCONFIG to turn off booting into SafeMode)

Voila! Your Windows XP operating system is now reinstalled on your reformatted hard drive and you are all activated without having to actually go through the product activation process!

Remember though. This won't work for transferring activation information from one computer to another or if you alter the hardware because the information contained in your "wpa.dbl" file will not match the configuration of the computer. This trick is only for reinstalling Windows XP on the exact same computer after formatting the hard drive.

its legal As MICROSOFT says u can back up any think .

12. src2206

src2206 New Member

13. OP
    OP
    Ambar

Ambar aka. ViKiD?

i dont knw why da hell no activation is needded in win xp 64 bit ed....

14. papai_mcc

papai_mcc New Member

amazing!!!!!!!!!

15. hermit

hermit New Member

i think my post must be in tutorials so iam posting it there .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.