• CONTEST ALERT - Experience the power of DDR5 memory with Kingston Click for details

Windows 10 Update Queries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sachin2798

Broken In
So today's the day windows 10 have launched, I have a update in control panel waiting to upgrade my windows 8.1 Pro (Pirated) to Windows 10, I just want to ask will updating my OS to the new one retain my Programs??
I Have a lot of programs & games installed like GTA V, CS:GO, Asseto corsa etc & dont want to lose the games and as well as the required programs (Nvidia Drivers, Visual C++ etc).
So will updating my OS Cause any problem to my files??.
I just dont want to install all the programs again like i just had a clean boot.
Please Reply if you have updated your OS.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
I Have a lot of programs & games installed like GTA V, CS:GO, Asseto corsa etc & dont want to lose the games and as well as the required programs (Nvidia Drivers, Visual C++ etc).
CSGO GTAV & AC in particular will work in Windows 10.
I just dont want to install all the programs again like i just had a clean boot.
You won't lose files when officially updating.

This should answer most your doubts: Windows 10 FAQ & Tips – Microsoft

OP
S

Sachin2798

Broken In
Thank You, I will start updating now, Can i use both the OS simultaneously (like win 7 & win 8 installed and can start anyone you want)

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Can i use both the OS simultaneously (like win 7 & win 8 installed and can start anyone you want)
Ofcourse but will be redundant as Win 10 supports most things 7/8 already uses.

Ashok Verma

Journeyman
i tried to update my windows 8.1 but getting error 80070003 every time. the download completes and during the installation after completing more then 50% i get this error. I tired the solutions provided on google but all the couldn't help... is anyone facing the same problem, please share solution... Screenshot (8).jpg.
r8gikk.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom