Windows 1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

cthulhu

Right off the assembly line
Hallo there,
Does anyone here know, the maximum hardware Windows 1.0 can support. I have a Celeron 500, 128 MB ram, 10 GB HDD, FDD, CDD, CD-RWD, Colour monitor, i810 chipset, AC '97 onboard audio, Vesta MB

ice

In the zone
doubt that it will support ur writer, or ur card. CDD kya hai.. Btw 128mb and 10 gb is way way way 2 much for windows 1

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Fat16 wont support drives beyond 2 GB .. And USB will not be supported too .. I doubt CDRW too ... By the way where on Earth you found it ..? And why do u want to use it ...?

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Fat16 wont support drives beyond 2 GB .. And USB will not be supported too .. I doubt CDRW too ... By the way where on Earth you found it ..? And why do u want to use it ...?

anupamsinha

Broken In
I think that HDD capacity should not be any problem neither any other thing. Windows 1.0 was not an Operating System it was a standalone program(just like any other DOS program) you can run it on I guess Windows 98, Windows XP ....

btarunr

Right off the assembly line
I like your passion for Windows 1.0 visit www.driverguide.com for all the drivers you need for that.
FAT 16 WILL support a 10GB HDD. I suggest you partition 10 GB to smaller parts of FAT 16.
CD-RW is doubtful to work. Its CR-ROM function will be active.
Did you know, I run my AMD Athlon 64 FX 52 with DOS 6.22 (actually WIN XP but i do this with NTLDR multiboot.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom