1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

Winamp ! ! !

Discussion in 'Software Q&A' started by ax3, Jan 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ax3

ax3 Cool as a CUCUMBAR ! ! !

had read in some months digit mag. abt winamp ... it can cache ur mp3 songs & then play smoothly without even actually playing the mp3 & eatingup ur cpu memory ...

can any1 tell me the settings ???

2. siriusb

siriusb New Member

Chennai, India, Asia, the Earth, the Solar system,
    I don't know an option that can play mp3 without "actually playing the mp3". But there was a cache setting in winamp with which you can adjust how many seconds of mp3 you need to pre-decode and store in RAM. This is opposed to on-the-fly reading of mp3 from hdd and decoding it. It helps when some background program consumes 100% cpu and/or hdd intemittently thereby introducing gaps in the playback. I've not used winamp for sometime now so I won't know where this option is.
    If u prefer to increase this option too high, you might notice delayed stopping of the song, after you have closed the player. They probably patched it now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.