Winamp Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trinity

Journeyman
Hi,

On my Playlist editor of Winamp, it shows "Unknown Artist" and does not show me Song Name when I play some of the files which are actually Well Named, instead it displays Track Numbers eg: Unknown Artist - Track 1.

I want to make sure that which ever song I play , the name of the song shud be displayed. How can I do this?

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
Just right click on song in winamp playlist ..select file info and uncheck any tags like ID1 info and ID2 info...an lo u r done :)

ashfame

Padawan
QwertyManiac said:
yes, try www.MusicBrainz.org and download thier tagger and it will recognize all files it can match with its database... alternatively u can keep googling and manually edit via ID3TagIT

Is there any possibility that mp3 will be matched incorrectly?

champ_rock

champ_rock
hi qwerty i am getting an error with thier software,

there is a TRM collision almost 60% of the times, rest 20% it matches correctly, and 20% are unknown

now what is TRM cllision?

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Never experienced it but this is what they say...

Q. What is a TRM collision?

A. A TRM collision occurs if two different tracks have the same TRM id. Acoustic fingerprinting is not an exact science and thus we have to expect a certain number of duplicates and collisions. The tagger makes its best effort to chose the right track when an collision occurs, but sometimes it cannot make an educated guess and then you need to chose the correct track.

ashfame

Padawan
i am recieving a fatal error on installing dfx for real player 10.5
It says "Installation ended prematurely because of an error.
I am unable to attach a screenshot of it.
pl help.

Last edited:

champ_rock

champ_rock
yeah they say that u can choose between the collisions, but i dont get any such option to choose....

that is the major problem , that it does not show any alternatives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom