win32:Small Gen2(trojan Horse)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
u may try installing a software / AnitSpyware named *www.spybot.info/en/index.html

and use a good AntiVirus, may b Kaspersky :)

OP
skghosh44

skghosh44

dig_boy_dig,dig !
I have already installed AVAST antivirus, Zone Alarm and Spyware Terminator
in my system. May I install Spybot Search & Destroy keeping these existing
software or I have to delete one. Please advice me.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Can you post ur HijackThis Log ??

Download this tool called HijackThis, scan the system and post/attach the log file here :)

OP
skghosh44

skghosh44

dig_boy_dig,dig !
Dear Mr Saurav

As per your advice I attached herewith logfile of Hijack this. for your recommendation. Please reply me.

With thanks.

Last edited:

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
^^ Yeah I agree, I would also personally recomend Spybot Search & Destroy, now as per ur Log file,

Now i see that u dont have the SP2 installed Install the Windows XP SP2 You may download it from here, Windows XP SP2

All ways Turn off the System Restore. before u attempt to scan of clean ur system....

O4 - Global Startup: MS_update_0704_KB74073.exe

Remove this one, click the Check Box and then hit Fix.... :D

After you install the SP2 then if needed run a scan using Online Scanner of Kaspersky, *www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner

Off Topic, You dont have IE7 too, its safer than IE 6.0 use it if you are not using FireFox or Opera :D

OP
skghosh44

skghosh44

dig_boy_dig,dig !
Dear Saurav,
First of all many many thanks to you. As per your advice I deleted the file "O4 - Global Startup: MS_update_0704_KB74073.exe", and the problem is solved. Also I have installed SPYBOT SEARCH AND DESTROY and scan the system . S&D find 20 malware/spyware in my system one of them is "Backdoor.Win32.SdBot.gen.", whenever I scan the system by S&D always this spyware appear. After deleting the above entry this problem aslo solved.
Once again thanks to you.

In case of XP SP-2 installation, in the past I am failed to install the same. A few days back I have posted a thread(WIN XP SP-2 INSTALLATION PROBLEM) for this problem, but I have not get any solution for the problem. As per my guess
my problem is in BIOS. But I can't experiment with BIOS. If you have any solution please help me.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
First of all many many thanks to you.

Welcome :D

Glad to know that ur present problem got solved :)... anyway regarding the SP2 installation problem, there are few glinch in it, You must have a original version of Windows, yes there are ways how u can install SP2 in a Pirated Version of Windows too, but I am really sorry, forum rules wont allow me or any one to help any one in this case....

Last edited:
OP
skghosh44

skghosh44

dig_boy_dig,dig !
MR SAURAV,

I have a original Win XP SP-2 CD Provided by HCL along with HCL machine.
This is also cannot be installed. During installation, after copying all the files when the system start automaticaly with WIN XP Booting LOGO after showing the progress bar for 1 or 2 times the system hangs up. Then I have no alternative but to switch off the main switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom