win xp live cd

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi friends,
plz. help me out .i tried to make win xp live cd with bart's pe builder .first, i slipstreamed sp2 with my xp.after that i downloaded and installed all plugins i wanted .all things were going right.but,in the final window ,i.e, after i specified output directory to write the iso image to,it went throgh a long 2 min. process and finally gave 3 errors,which r,

sound.drv and asfsipc.dll files r not available in your winxp cd.

but,i have installed my system many a times with that cd and at that it never gave such message that ur files r missing.

tell me friends what to do.i can find asfsipc.dll in my windows\system32 folder but not in the cd and the other file is not available in both.

[deXter]

Journeyman
Yes netcracker, this is legal.
Speaking of the legalities, this is what Bart says:

Bart said:
1. It is legal to make a "backup copy" of ANY files from your original Windows XP/2003 media to another media.
2. It is legal to add any other files you wish to the backup media.
3. Since the registry hives are truly only text-type files, it is legal to create and distribute as many registry hives as you wish on any media you wish.
4. It is not legal to use a BartPE CD and an installed Windows XP/2003 both at the same time under the same Windows XP/2003 EULA.
5. It is not legal to change any binary files in the process according to the Windows XP/2003 EULA. This makes "winlogon" and "bootscreen" hacks illegal.
6. A BartPE image is (and I quote) "not a properly licensed WinPE". This means that if you want to have a licensed WinPE, you cannot use BartPE. However, you can use a BartPE image under the license of the Windows XP/2003 EULA that came with the BartPE XP/2003 source media.

dead-man-walking, sound.drv is present in a compressed format (.cab) and is called as sound.dr_

asfsipc.dll is also present in the CD, but its also compressed and is present in one of the cab files. Try copying these two files (from your system32 folder) to your CD (i386 folder) (or make an iso image of your xp cd) and try the PE builder again. Personally I never faced any such problems myself (with XP+SP2) and BartPE

Also which version of the PE Builder are you using? The latest is 3.0.32 which fixes some bugs with bartPE and sp2

fire

Broken In
hey guys i made the winxp live cd with this ware. it's working fine but is there any way to add sound drivers to this live cd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom