Win XP-icon.. help

Status
Not open for further replies.

umapati

Broken In
I have P4, 2.66Gz PC with Nvidea PC Express garphic card 6200.I have Applied my saved "jungle theme" from Win-98 and applied it in win XP which gave me Jungle theme icons-which I like the most.But whenever I restart my machine and refresh my desk top, the icons of my computer and Recyle bin get changed to default one.This happens even if change the icon from its properities.Plz help

dissel

Cyborg Agent
In your case i think this may works.....
Don't apply the theme.........just copy the .ico Icon file in a folder(D:\My Theme)......and apply it to Win XP......

Jungle Icon File is situated in the" [Drive]:\Program Files\Plus!\Themes" in Windows 98....

Now open the properties of desktop Item or start menu item and locate the path wher you copy the Icon file.....

It is take time to select => copy => apply.....

Hope it works......

OP
U

umapati

Broken In
I have applied the icon by setting : Control panel>Diaplay>Desktop>Customise desk top>Change icon>giving the path to the icon folder.But whenever I restart my PC and refresh the desktop which we usually do..the icon gets changed to the default one.. :-(

OP
U

umapati

Broken In
But thats the problem na..I am unable to keep the changed icon, as I have described above..it gets back to default one, whenever I refresh the desktop.. :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom