win xp bootable cd???

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhinandh

Proud to be Linux
i have a win xp pro cd.i was able to boot from it previously.although the cd is in good shape i now am not able to boot from it.recently my motherboard an psu went kaput and i got them repaired.primary and secondary ide drives got interchanged and cdrom is primary.is that the prob??

rocket357

Security freak
abhinandh said:
i have a win xp pro cd.i was able to boot from it previously.although the cd is in good shape i now am not able to boot from it.recently my motherboard an psu went kaput and i got them repaired.primary and secondary ide drives got interchanged and cdrom is primary.is that the prob??

Was the motherboard replaced? If so, I'd check to make sure your CD is before your hard drive in your boot sequence. Even if it wasn't replaced, you should check, because the person who repaired it might have reset it to defaults, and the defaults might not be to check the CD before booting from the hard drive. Check your motherboard manufacturer's website for instructions on accessing your BIOS to perform this check, but usually you can access the BIOS by pressing F1, F2, delete, or F8 during the initial boot up screen. (It'll usually say something like "Press <some key> to enter setup"...you need to press that key when you see that message)

OP
abhinandh

abhinandh

Proud to be Linux
guys,i get the "press any key to enter setup" and after that "setup is inspecting u'r config" then the screen goes blank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom