Win xp after Win 98

Status
Not open for further replies.

priya_2006

Right off the assembly line
hello everybody,

i have got a probelom and needs help .One of my friends has an old pc with Intel celeron processor 40BG HDD 256MB RAM and currentelly using windows 98 but her Win 98 is not working properly and she is intersted in installing windows XP and she have the cd of win xp but she did not have much knowledge of computer so sheis seeking help from me coz she think that i have good knowledge (which i do't think i have) .
Thae probelom is for installing win XP in lieu of WIN 98 we have to format the HDD but we have lost the Cd of mother board which have themother board driver so please sugget me how i can help her and install WIN XP without loosing the mother board drivers i mean BIOS files etc.
PLEase help

......meri izzat ka sawal hai frieds plzz

see u

T

thunderbird.117

Do you know the motherboard model no?. Bios and motherboard files are different dont mix those two.

Also you posted in wrong thread. You need to post here :- Software Troubleshooting

abhijangda

Padawan
You can download motherboard driver from manufacturer's site. Or you can download drivers of graphics and sound. To know about model go to Device Manager. Then you can find out the sound and display driver. Just download it from manufacturer's web site. You can also upgrade Windows. If your friends computer is older than 2001 then it may contains driver of sound and graphics.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
as far as i have experiencd xp has almost all drivers of older machines on it so it shouldnt be any problem ... as mentioned abv if u know the manufacturer its no issue

the only problems i hv faced is for sound drivers else all drivers xp has installed on its own ... no issues for me ... cant say abt ur pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom