win 98SE problem .... plz HELP ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

iinfi

mekalodu
i installed win98SE on my friends PC a few days back ... after formatting his PIII , 1Gz , 256MB RAM PC .....

but the speakers have gone mute .... we are unable to get any sound frm the speakers which were working fine b4 the format .....

plz HELP

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
we need a little ditails...

1. Sound Driver?? did u installed sound drivers??
2. are u working onboard sound or sound card??
3. check the sound icon in the systray....

let us know...

OP
iinfi

iinfi

mekalodu
no sound icon on the systray

i remember that there was no sound icon in the system tray ...

i did not install the sound drivers bcoz my friend did not have any driver CD with him

i think its an on board sound

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
my friend sound cant work without drivers.....

u must have to install drivers to here sound or VGA.... i wounder how did u manage to work without a VGA driver???? what about picture or color depth?? & resuletion???

well if u know the motherboard make & model then u can dounload the drivers from Internet......

OP
iinfi

iinfi

mekalodu
i installed VGA drivers

i installed the VGA drivers

i will try install the sound driver from the mother board CD

tuxfan

Technomancer
Sound drivers will be on the same CD as VGA drivers because it is on-board display and on-board sound. Without drivers, sound won't work.

The small speaker icon in the system tray near clock depends on the settings. There is an option to show/hide that icon. So just because that icon doesn't appear, does not mean sound drivers are not installed. But if it appears, then in majority of the cases, sound driver is working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom