rameshpid

Right off the assembly line
hi

My system config is

Intel 845GBV motherboard with 4XAGP slot
Pentium 1.7 GHZ processor
256MB DDR RAM
300W PSU

I want to know whether XFX Geforce 6200( Not going to buy geforce 6600) will support my board or not??
Is it necessary to change my PSU to 400W.

Cheers ,
Ramesh

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
It is always the other way around man (we always look if the motherboard support the gfx card or not). Anyhow if the 6200 gfx card is 4x/8x compatible then it will surely work and I don't think that u need 400w to run ur current config. with 6200. But 350W would be good to be on safe side.

I have:
P4 3.0GHz prescott
865gbf mainboard
1GB ddr ram
80gb PATA HDD
XFX 6600GT 128mb
I have Powersafe 400W psu and everything works fine.

Vyasram

The pWnster
I dont think there are many 6200 4xagp models. You must go for for a mobo upgrade or buy lower models . I guess sparkle manufactures 6200 agp 4x cards . Do check that

mohit

The Hardware Labs
agp 8x is backwards compatible with agp 4x so dont worry even if u buy an 8x card .. the only issue u might face is with the power supply , if u face problems such as frequent restarts and system instability after installing the card upgrade to a better psu (min 400 watts).

indro

In the zone
I have a 6200 8x 256MB XFX brand, with A64 2800+,MSI K8Neo Mobo.It did not take in the bios for uknown reasons .Its the most uptodate BIOS and it only works using the "Fail Safe Mode" option.I dont have a solution to the problem.But i have changed all the settings to high ,but whenever i choose "Optimal Settings" it hangs in the BIOS screen.

P.S. I am not a newbie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom