Will this game run on my PC? An easy way to find out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nimda

l33t n00b!
Hi

My friend just gave me this link and I just had to share it with you guys. Just install the ActiveX plugin, choose a game and they'll tell you how well it'll will run on your comp. Sorry if this has been posted before. Here's the site:

Code:
*www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Ya, I knew that beforehand through gamespy.com. They had this link with every game review. I used to test my old system with this so see if some of the latest games ran. Been using it since the beginning of 2005.

ashfame

Padawan
I can't use it.
After accepting java/active x,
it shows error
"Error: There was a problem downloading the ActiveX component. One of the following happened.

1) You did not give your permission to download the ActiveX component (sysreqlab.cab from Husdawg, LLC). If so, you can start over (you will have to close the browser and start over), run this service again and give your permission.

2) Your browser settings do not allow browser Plug-ins to be installed. You can change your settings and try again."

I use opera 8.54.

And from my ie6 it doesn't even ask for accepting activex/java !!
Pl help....

Last edited:
OP
Nimda

Nimda

l33t n00b!
Opera is not in the supported list of browsers afaik. In IE, the problem may be due to the pop-up blocker (if Win XP SP2 is installed). Disable it from (Tools -> Pop-up Blocker -> Turn off...). See if this solves the prob.

ashfame

Padawan
Nimda said:
Opera is not in the supported list of browsers afaik. In IE, the problem may be due to the pop-up blocker (if Win XP SP2 is installed). Disable it from (Tools -> Pop-up Blocker -> Turn off...). See if this solves the prob.
Turned off the pop-up blocker but still it takes a lot of time on the downloading page, nothing happens, doesn't even ask for active x / java.
What should i try?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom