will hardware prices fall after budget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astrix

Broken In
we'll know soon enough, won't we ;) i hope there's a rationalization of the duty structure. one thing's for sure, things won't get costlier.

Sourabh

Laptoping
well ya it has to

the hardware vendors are going thru a tough phase these days

i knw this bcoz a dealer in my area was almost pleading to some guys to buy the system before march 1 offering the system within 12 hrs and only 50% money on delivery

everyone is withstanding buying a new PC for the time being

its for sure now that prices wod fall

only thing to be seen is by how much wod it fall and how soon

i guess Lamington road prices from march 1st week wod be in accordance with budget to some extent so they sell goods at a higher price

coz after some time, mebbe a month the prices wod be more stable

only time will tell now

but if u plan to buy a system in a few days from today just wait for a while

magnet

Youngling
it depends..........well products rate r goin low....but all depends on taxes and customs ...if inc there......v hav to pay mor..so keep praying

Sourabh

Laptoping
dude taxes on pc-peripherals wod definately be lesser than now with VAT

VAT wod be applied on a trial basis from APRIL 1

so wod have to wait more if u wann prices to fall more

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Actually it may not. However the price differences between different cities will a case no more. So in certain cities with the implementation of VAT prices may go down.

Astrix

Broken In
Ah. You make sense, icecoolz... the whole common market thing. So are prices in Delhi on the higher side (i.e., likely to go down)?

If there isn't expected to be much of a difference I might as well go in for my system in March...

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
Astrix said:
Ah. You make sense, icecoolz... the whole common market thing. So are prices in Delhi on the higher side (i.e., likely to go down)?

:?: prices in delhi on higer side????? i dont think so..infact i find them cheaper than other states,cant say abt mumbai,but definately cheaper in sum cities...

nehru place rulezzzzz!!! :wink:

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Delhi and Mumbai have some of the cheapest prices when it comes to H/W. However in other places such as Bangalore the cost difference is significant. So VAT regime would def help people like me.

sachinc

Broken In
Lamington Road

Hi Had gone to lamington on 28th Feb, the day of the budget.
This is the price they gave me for the PC i wanna buy.

AMD AThlon 64 3000+ @ 800MHZ FSB + Asus K8Vx - 11900
Transcend 512MB DDR Ram PC-400 Mhz - 3400
80GB Seagate SATA 7200 RPM - 3100
17" Samsung SynMaster 793MB CRT Flat Black - 7600
Logitech Keyboard and Optical Mouse Black - 900
Black Cabinet - 1300
Sony DVD Writer (Dual Layer) Black - 4800
Creative 2.1 Speakers Black - 1250
Gigabyte Radeon 9600 Pro 128MB - 7600

Are these prices on the higher side and would they come down. If so then whne would be the right time to buy the PC. Currently the whole thing is costing me 41800.

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Hmm... You people have no taste for current affairs and business news ... Anyways .. As per ITA Agreement II of which India is a signatory, the duty prices of products was set to be zero .. Thats what PC has done in the budget .. The prices will surely fall ...

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
I believe hardware prices will fall especially lappies.
*expressindia.com/budget04/fullestory.php?type=fe&content_id=63653

And the software prices will reduce more than that of hardwares...

Sourabh

Laptoping
it_waaznt_me said:
Hmm... You people have no taste for current affairs and business news ... Anyways .. As per ITA Agreement II of which India is a signatory, the duty prices of products was set to be zero .. Thats what PC has done in the budget .. The prices will surely fall ...

now wht the heck did i yell so hard?? :x

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Wow whatever came down but check what prices went up and the check what will happen to the vendors. That 10 rs per 10000 thingy is gonna affect dealers like anything.

JAK

What the Heck !
djmykey said:
Wow whatever came down but check what prices went up and the check what will happen to the vendors. That 10 rs per 10000 thingy is gonna affect dealers like anything.

Heck who cares abt the dealers.... i am worried abt myself.... :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom