Wii Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

shellgame

Broken In
Hey guys I posted this new thread about wii. Bcos I have few questions
regarding this console:

1) Can we store the whole game on wii or do we need to insert the dvd every time to play the game.

2) will the wii game DVDs be region coded?

go_gamez

In the zone
1)no u cant store full games on Wii..to storage will be only for multimedia..etc..u
need to insert the dvd..

2) about this i am not sure.. i dont think that the games will be region coded..as in my ps 2 console the game dvds work from anywhere around the world..so i think for Wii also it will be the same..

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
go_gamez said:
2) about this i am not sure.. i dont think that the games will be region coded..as in my ps 2 console the game dvds work from anywhere around the world..so i think for Wii also it will be the same..
That's the mastermind of Modding the console.Playstation 2 was officially region coded.It was only after the Mod chips had been released that the console could deliver flawless performance of region coded games.:)

Come to the topic,
1.)The whole game as such can't be saved on the Wii but the games saves could be done on a provided SD card.None of the console's so far have provided this kinda of method to play games without the optical media(DVD/CD) being present in the drive.

2.)No news has yet been discussed on the Region coding yet.

OP
S

shellgame

Broken In
Guys I need ur help.Actually I cant decide what to
buy(xbox 360 or wii).Both have their own advantages & disadvantages.
xbox 360 has good graphics & wii has the amazing controller.I wish any console had both these features.Anyway any sugestions guys.What would u prefer(xbox 360 or wii)?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Dude its simple Wii hasn't released yet and Xbox 360 is up and running on its sales.It's upto personal choice and selection.Personally,I am a graphic addict and hence would root for Xbox 360 right now.Considering that the console itself is retailing for around 17-18k and each game has to cost around 3k each will be a costly affair.Wait till the Devil's mod to settle and then perhaps you can boot back up DVD's on the 360.

invincibul

Broken In
The Wii will not be region coded, I think. The PlayStation 3 is not region coded and it is confirmed. Wii will have cool games. But the Xbox 360 will be beaten by the PlayStation 3 once it is released. Go for the Wii, cheap games.

OP
S

shellgame

Broken In
allwyndlima said:
Dude its simple Wii hasn't released yet and Xbox 360 is up and running on its sales.It's upto personal choice and selection.Personally,I am a graphic addict and hence would root for Xbox 360 right now.Considering that the console itself is retailing for around 17-18k and each game has to cost around 3k each will be a costly affair.Wait till the Devil's mod to settle and then perhaps you can boot back up DVD's on the 360.

Hey pro, i dont get it.What exactly is this Devil's mod?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^It's a just released modification chip which has to be manually sholdered into the Xbox 360 by which you can boot up those Backed up games of 360.Works are also in development for the older Xbox games to have larger compatibility in the Xbox 360 via this Mod chip.

OP
S

shellgame

Broken In
allwyndlima said:
^It's a just released modification chip which has to be manually sholdered into the Xbox 360 by which you can boot up those Backed up games of 360.Works are also in development for the older Xbox games to have larger compatibility in the Xbox 360 via this Mod chip.
will it run all the pirated games? And do u have any idea when it will be available in India?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
It hasn't been fully tested yet nor has anyone reviewed about it.So at this point of time one can only hope.India is on a distant map.Though if you can somehow get it imported or find a custom notified shop in India then there might be a possibility of getting one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom