wifi set up

Status
Not open for further replies.

choklate_007

Broken In
i wish to install wifi setup in my house. Need to connect 2 computers, normal deskjet printer.
desktop pc is PIII 667, 512 MB Ram
laptop is PIV 2.0, 256 MB Ram
My house is 4500 sq. ft and double storey.
Which wireless router should i install which covers all area without loosing broadband speed.

sabret00the

Youngling
I work for a wireless tech support.Trust me.Just settle down for a Wireless-G Broadband Router with SpeedBooster
The Wireless-G Networking Solution with SpeedBooster Performance Enhancement.Linksys is the best.Dont try to buy a pre N or N series router.

*www-in.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?c=L_Product_C2&childpagename=IN%2FLayout&cid=1139845556146&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVisitorWrapper

digitizen

Journeyman
@sabretooth . even i want to share my dataone connection wirelessly between my laptop and desktop . and i also want both the machines wirelessly LAN ed . is it possible with the above wifi router you have suggested ? . if so what is the price of that ? . and BTW do you ride a kinetic laser GF 170 ?

sabret00the

Youngling
connect the ADSL modem to ur router and then connect the computers to the router either to the LAN ports or wirelessly.The router is like a DHCP server so it'll provide u with IP addresses for separate computers(well technically).Even I use a dataone connection but never tried it really.But it should work.

Ya I ride a GF Laser why?

digitizen

Journeyman
my id is deepaksikkanthar and dude BTW 14000 is too expensive for me . i am thinking of buying wireless adsl router and connecting my desktop through the wired way and my laptop wirelessly to the router . so will i be able to access my desktop through this set up ?

sabret00the

Youngling
^^^ hey sorry I overlooked by the way for BW which stands for Samsung 940BW..........I'am sorry,thought u were askin the price of the LCD?

Well,no idea about the Linksys but it shud cost u about 2000/- to 4000/- not more than that..........

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
I too want to make my two PC wirelessly connected..
Currently both are connected to each other using Lan wire...but i just want one of my desktop to be in my drawing room and other in my bedroom.. the total flat area is 2200 Sqrft

I have HATHWAY 256 Kbps BroadBand Connection using through Motorolla SB5100 modem
Wuld using the above mentioned router will fullfil my job

sabret00the

Youngling
chk out the router here: *www-in.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?c=L_Product_C2&childpagename=IN%2FLayout &cid=1139845556146&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVis itorWrapper

U'll also need WLAN card (PCI) for ur desktops.Go to Linksys site and chk out the PCI WLAN cards
This thread started by me might be helpful and anybody who needs any info on wireless home networking may post their query on that thread and I'll try my best to help: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39128

Last edited:
OP
C

choklate_007

Broken In
i have seen ppl using wifi, but the common problem is disconnection. they get disconnected and then have to connect again manually. what do u suggest regarding this. i may spend around 10k.

sabret00the

Youngling
choklate_007 said:
i have seen ppl using wifi, but the common problem is disconnection. they get disconnected and then have to connect again manually. what do u suggest regarding this. i may spend around 10k.

Once again I say the Linksys is good.there are different channels to choose from.u may use a higher channel to avoid EMI(electro magnetic interference) or RSI(radio signal interference).More over u may change and personalise ur network name(SSID) and then secure ur network by using either WPA or WEP 64bit or 128bit level encryption.

I'll keep discussing these things on my wireless thread in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom