Wierd Internet Connection Sharing problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmoothCriminal

In the zone
Hi,

I have a BSNL Dataone connection on my desktop PC. And I have a wireless network with my Laptop.

I have shared my Dataone with the Wireless network, so that i can access net through my laptop.

However my problem is, Im able to access only few sites on my laptop
1. Google.com
2. Msn.com
3. Able to play Internet Hearts game from PC
4. Gmail.com

Unable to open anything else, including
1. Yahoo.com
2. mail.yahoo.com
3. Unable to login to Yahoo Messenger,,

Dont know what could be the problem. This looks really wierd to me!

theraven

Technomancer
how are u sharing the net ?
what procedure have u adopted ??

try settin proxy settings in ur browser and messenger
set it to the ip of the wifi card of ur desktop ...
and use port 80 or 8080 ..
try both ...

however it'll be easier to judge if i knew how uve shared it for eg via ics or thru a router or using some proxy software

OP
S

SmoothCriminal

In the zone
Hi, Raven thanx for the reply.

Im sharing simply by, right clicking my Dataone connection >> Settings >> Share Internet Connection

I havent used any proxy software.. I use this Linksys wireless adapter on my PC. And I have installed the software that came along with it. Im however able to share files between these systems. Only problem is browsing.

I'll try setting the IP of desktop as proxy on my lappy. Will let you know what happens..

theraven

Technomancer
yes do that .. i have a feelin it should work

sharing net connection over wireless is a pain using ICS since it just doesnt work in most cases

wat u need is a software access point .. and trust me i tried looking .. cant find one :|
if u come across one then do lemme know

besides this if u still have a problem .. as per my tut which im sure uve read .. try the avirt gateway .. i can send it to u if u wish ... u know my id ;)
after settin it on the server u need to set it on the client .. and after that no individual settings per software would be required. .
do lemme know how it works out .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom