Wicked lil Penguin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
I was using CD Burner XP as my burning software in XP. Due to its high failure rate I un-installed it and installed Nero. Since it required reboot before continuing the installation of Nero after CD Burner's un-installation, I switched to Linux(OpenSUSE10.3) for a while and decided to burn the data in Linux. Since I'm still a Linux n00b so all I did was, pop in a blank, select the files to be burned and hit the "Make a DVD" button and voila! a 4GB data DVD that took almost 30mins in XP using CD Burner was burned in exact 4mins 31 secs. Man I was amazed with the efficiency of the Linux but it also made me skeptical as to what could be the cause of slow burning in Windows. I'm yet to try burning a DVD using my current installation of Nero.

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Yep, definitely DMA. Disk burning should be hardly negligible between Linux and Windows if no problems on either or the hardware.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Device Manager ! Hub to all hardware info and setting in windows

And yeah I use Brasero in linux or command line if feeling to lazy.

OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Please be more specific as to "Where" part and specifics at the "How" part won't hurt it either. *s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/17.png

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^
*www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/storage/IDE-DMA.mspx

Visual walkthrough:
*www.onthegosoft.com/dma_setting_nt.htm

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom