Wi-Fi Interference

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Hello guys, I have a doubt.
I have a Linksys Wifi router and a huawei 882 router/modem which is connected to my bsnl line. The in my current setup the wifi router and the modem is close to each other and the telephone line passes near the wifi router antenna. I use only mode G and the channel freq is 2.462 Ghz.

I wonder if this will cause any interference in my modem and/or my telephone line. As such I dont have much speed problem , but still I doubt there might be some performance hit due to this setup.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
No dude.... don't worry. The telephone cable cannot cause any interference with your wifi network neither vice versa. It cannot generate waves of the order of 2.4G all by itself. Thats a high freq. You need specific equipment like a microwave oven or a cordless to do that.

Hmmm.. there was a nice read on Wifi interference which I'd read a while back.. Lemme see if I can get that link again.. very informative on what can hamper your wifi network and what cannot....

Update: Ah ha... here it is!

Last edited:
OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
No dude.... don't worry. The telephone cable cannot cause any interference with your wifi network neither vice versa. It cannot generate waves of the order of 2.4G all by itself. Thats a high freq. You need specific equipment like a microwave oven or a cordless to do that.

Hmmm.. there was a nice read on Wifi interference which I'd read a while back.. Lemme see if I can get that link again.. very informative on what can hamper your wifi network and what cannot....

Update: Ah ha... here it is!

damit.. :mad: I have two panasonic chordless phones and we use then reguarly. I will check their frequency and change the Wifi channel frequency.
what should be the minimum channel difference?

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Dude.. even if the least significant digit is different then its fine, coz thats in gigahertz. Just check their freqs. and change the channel if necessary. But as per the laws the cordless phones should not use the wifi band for any reasons. So I don't think the cordless phones can cause any problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom