Why we can’t we beg more medals in the Olympics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gigyaster

Journeyman
Why can’t we bag more medals in the Olympics.

According to an article by Ashis Roy in a local daily, we Indians fail to rise in the medal tally because we Indians are the most physically unfit people in the world. We tend to use the car rather then to walk. The rich have servants and the poor students have parents to do their work. We won the first gold medal in Olympics and that too in the 10m shooting which doesn’t require any physical fitness. The politicians make cricket a religion which is played by 10 countries in Britain region whereas football is played by 210 nations and is a game which requires a high physical fitness.

So do you people agree with Ashis Roy’s view? I agree with him but I think sports politics has a major role to play for our backseat in Olympics medal.
And are we unfit to a level mentioned by Mr. Ashis, I mean many people are doing their daily work outs (including me) so how can we be the ‘most’ physically unfit people?

The article was published in The Shillong Times (05th Oct08).
Mr. Ashis Roy is an oldest marathon runner in India.

Last edited:

ajayritik

Technomancer
The same explantion was given when asked why Indian cricketers are not as athletic or agile when compared to the Australians, South Africans etc. I really don't know whether this is true or if someone has done some research on why the average Indian is not as strong as the western counterparts. I guess we don't have a sports culture here. There are many educational institutions which don't encourage sports.

nix

yes thats true.. every parent wants their child to become an engg or doctor.

R2K

In the Zone
According to an article by Ashis Roy in a local daily, we Indians fail to rise in the medal tally because we Indians are the most physically unfit people in the world. We tend to use the car rather then to walk. their daily work outs (including me) so how can we be the ‘most’ physically unfit people?

well.........if indians failed to get medals in olympics simply because they use cars instead of walking and lack of workouts then how in the f**king hell did americans get such a lot of medals:mad::mad::mad:....AFAIk majority of american citizen have their own car..

we lost medals because of sole ineffciency of our government in providing proper training facilities for the participants:x:x:x

beg or bag?

lol..

Last edited:

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
That's coz we're not utilizing the large Indian population that specializes in that! We need to send the right people!! Look at the streets, you'll find so many people who are capable of begging for medals!! Heck, if they decide, they can even persuade the winners to donate their medals! With proper training in foreign languages, I'm sure they will be able to beg some medals for us! :D

R2K

In the Zone
That's coz we're not utilizing the large Indian population that specializes in that! We need to send the right people!! Look at the streets, you'll find so many people who are capable of begging for medals!! Heck, if they decide, they can even persuade the winners to donate their medals! With proper training in foreign languages, I'm sure they will be able to beg some medals for us! :D

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

lol.........too good

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

confused

Evolving Rapidly...
yes thats true.. every parent wants their child to become an engg or doctor.
wats wrong with it??? :confused: do u see the govt supporting former sportspersons?? in fact i remember a news article where some former Olympian was begging on the streets....:mad:
Now u tell me, whats wrong with parents wanting their wards to become an engg/doctor??? call it selfish if u want, atleast they can earn their livelyhood till retirement....

beg or bag?
+1

Last edited:

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
We won the first gold medal in Olympics and that too in the 10m shooting which doesn’t require any physical fitness.
Really...? You want me to believe that?

Let's just say the infrastructure sucks...just keep it at that, because the subject covers a wider spectrum than we anticipate, including our culture, mentality, politics, education etc...

OP
G

gigyaster

Journeyman
FIRSTLY AM VERY MUCH SORRY FOR THE ERROR IN THE TITLE. I AM SORRY ONCE AGAIN.

Actually what ever i wrote its not my view at all. I'm just asking you all that is Mr. Ashis right by making those points. In the article he said "T20 Cricket doesn't require any physical fitness"
I object the way he wrote the article.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom