Broken In
we have C,D, E,F,G,......but no B drive
i repeat NO B DRIVE!

why?
does'nt anyone love alphabet " B "??

(hey B Stop crying, we r with ya...)

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
I think a and b are reserved for floppy drives. So, if you have 2 floppy drives you will have a B:\ too.

pillainp

Journeyman
Exactly.

In the older days of computing, hard disks were unknown (or hideously expensive).

Therefore floppy disks (5.25", various capacities) were used as storage devices.

Also since software was largely non-GUI (ie. CLI) based, applications were very small.

You would have tow drives, A: and B:. Here the system would be booted from A: drive, and the system floppy could then be ejected (or retained).

Applications such as Wordstar were available on floppy, which was inserted in A: drive. All documents created and personal storage was on a separate floppy in B: drive.

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
by default, no.. there is no B: drive, as they r meant for floppies. But u can make any drive B:., esp virtual drives ;)

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
B: drive letter is reserved for 5.25" floppy drives, now we don't need a 5.25" floppy drive(even now there is no need for 1.44mb drive), u can change this to anything u like

ahref

In the zone
If you use two FDD then one will be a: and other will be b: also any fdd can be accessed through dos by writing b:

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
Lucky_star said:
Probably the First drive will be A:, second B: and the third will be the next available drive letter.

In short, there seems to be no logic behind this at all. Maybe MS people like C letter more than they like a or b. ;-)

OP
pro

pro

Broken In
vimal_mehrotra said:
^^here is a nice smilie avatar for you *www.asterixatletiek.nl/2005/babbelix/smilies/toilet.gif:D:D

:D can't stop...
how did you made that ??:shock:

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Nice find maan... *www.thesmilies.com/smilie-generator/image/green%5E_%5Earial%5E_%5E2%5E_%5E0%5E_%5Eu+rock%5E_%5E.gif reps to u...
*www.thesmilies.com/glittergen/set18/k.gif*www.thesmilies.com/glittergen/set18/o.gif*www.thesmilies.com/glittergen/set18/o.gif*www.thesmilies.com/glittergen/set18/l.gif*www.thesmilies.com/glittergen/set18/b.gif*www.thesmilies.com/glittergen/set18/l.gif*www.thesmilies.com/glittergen/set18/u.gif*www.thesmilies.com/glittergen/set18/e.gif*www.thesmilies.com/glittergen/set18/z.gif​

Last edited:

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
vimal_mehrotra said:
^^here is a nice smilie avatar for you *www.asterixatletiek.nl/2005/babbelix/smilies/toilet.gif :D:D

What have I done to you? Or is it that you love MS?

Well you can always make room for adding more things. Say I bought a docking station, with a port to install new drive.

Last edited:

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
aditya.shevade said:
In that case. It's fine. But how can you compare a computer with a toilet? Is there any connection that I am unaware of?
Computers have a general principle; Garbage In Garbage Out(GIGO)
But here?? Who knows?:D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom