Why the difference??

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajat22

In the zone
I am using dataone 256 kbps broadband.
On test I found the follwing result
*img373.imageshack.us/img373/1617/snap18xo.gif

Why there is a huge difference between download and upload speed :eek: :eek: :?: :?:

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Dunno exactly but i think it has got to do with latency or network card packet support...

Chk this for many reasons for low speeds :
*www.dslreports.com/speed

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Oh thats very normal. When they say 256 kbps connection, they mean downloads @ 256 kbps. Uploads are usually 1/5th of the download. So dont worry!

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Nope, u cant possibly download at 256 kbps,

Tis divided by 2 > So 128 applicable...
Divide 128/2 for in / out > 64 in 64 out (max)
Seein the quality of cards and servers and wires , divide each by 2 and u will reach the real bandwidth...

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Dont you ppl know?

We dont get more than 7-8kBps for upload in BSNL dataone. I have noticed that thing from the day, I got my connection. Because of this , I am not able to have a good ratio in some torrent sites.

kalpik said:
Oh thats very normal. When they say 256 kbps connection, they mean downloads @ 256 kbps. Uploads are usually 1/5th of the download. So dont worry!
No, many ISP's dont limit the upload BW. They give nearly 30kBps upload on a 256k line.

expertno.1

Technomancer
are yaar i dont think the upload will also be 256

it will be less

and about bsnl's speed yes it gives uploads of 7 kbps-8kbps ? :lol:

are yaar jab modem ka maximum speed 5.6 KB/s hai tab how is it 7-8 KB/s ?????????????????????

hack expert

In the zone
are yaar jab modem ka maximum speed 5.6 KB/s hai tab how is it 7-8 KB/s ?????????????????????

wat r u talkin about ????

well i have a 256 KBps cable connection upload and download vary around 30 KBps . i think the whole thing depends on the ISP`s

crashuniverse

In the zone
well upload is normally les but abt downloads i dont agree with 2 factor thing.

i have a 128 kbps connection n i get 107-112 normallly.

one more query, is it pos to have a 132kbps connection on a 128 kbps line. i have da scrreenie of dat for my connection. it was a zdnetindia.com speed test.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Oh yeah a little +/- from the original speed is ok! Well, im on sify 48 kbps, but it get around 80 kbps! And one time for around 1 hour, i got 800 kbps! Hehe. Depends on your ISP actually. ;)

whim_gen

Journeyman
@rajat22
Well,the reason is simply bcoz BSNL DataOne is based on ADSL (Asymmetric DSL) where Downloads and Uploads take place at different speeds.
Find out more on ADSL at *howstuffworks.com
Hope it helps
Adios

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
I have airtel adsl connection, but my upload and download are the same. It all depends on the isp ultimately.

QwertyManiac said:
Nope, u cant possibly download at 256 kbps,

Tis divided by 2 > So 128 applicable...
Divide 128/2 for in / out > 64 in 64 out (max)
Seein the quality of cards and servers and wires , divide each by 2 and u will reach the real bandwidth...
Who taught you this formula?

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
QwertyManiac, do you think this is YIM? U got a cool avatar, now I think you will have a cool user badge also.This is the final warning, next time if I see you spamming, then a cool badge will find your way.

@whim_gen, also all ADSL ISP's dont limit the uploads.

Thread cleaned

crashuniverse

In the zone
hi rajat22
can u give me da link which u have used to count ur uploads/downloads speed.

i cant find a right service to check my speeds, i was previously using zdnetindia, which is down rite now.

OP
rajat22

rajat22

In the zone
Why not
*www.abeltronica.com/velocimetro/pt/?idioma=uk&newlang=uk

Others are many , like
*www.testmy.net/d_load.php

cyrux

In the zone
let me clear the air. As whim_gem said that dataone runs on a Assymetric DSL connection the download/upload speeds vary and sicne we donwload more than we upload download speeds are much higher than upload speeds. So on a dataone conection we get 200-220 kbps d/l speeds when compared to 40-60kbps connection. I know people who get 60kBps connection on their MTNL line which also follows the ADSL principle but thats more of a SDSL connection,. Even airtel is more of a SDSL connection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom