why some programms asking me ms xp office files,,,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkmkmk

In the zone
hi,,,

whenever i m clking some icons of desktop ,i m getting messege of missing files and asking me to insert ms office and xp installation cd

and some time xp pro installation cd,,,,,,

check this ,,,,,,,too

*img45.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bsmsofficerelation9qd.jpg

check this image,,,,,,

*img45.imageshack.us/my.php?image=34js1.jpg

pc have already installed ms word and front page still every time its asking me to insert cd and after installing cd,,,,,some installation happening then only i can see interface of that softy and i can use further applications,,,,,,,,

since 2-3 days i m facing this problem,,,,,usually i never faced this ,3 r d month ago i have formated pc,,,,,,

one softy i m using is,,,,,junk file remover since 2-3 day ,,,,so is it responsible for missing files ?

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Yes perhaps it is responsible, see its log of removed files to be sure... Also if u havent noticed/done so, plz do a complete install and not part install of yr office if problem persists...

slugger

Banned
it is most likely dat d junk file remover which is d culprit. i 2 was using a junk file remover sw which when I ran showed up a *.bak/*.bat/*.dat file located in d Office XP folder [dun remember d exact extension as i stopped using MS Office long back]. Once deleated i used 2 get d very same message as u.

Solution
If u r using d SW called 'Find Junk Files', as I am using when i faced this problem, then you can just add d file name to d list of files to overlook while scanning 4 junk files. me think u can also do it directly by selecting d concerned file from d list of junk files shown, right clicking on it and select d option which will stop searching 4 d file during d next scan
4 any other sw 2 there must b a similar option 2 do so.

mediator

Technomancer
Nah, even after complete install it happen many times.....simply put office cd and get rid of the problem once n for all! It happened with me when i installed perfect disk.

slugger

Banned
mediator said:
Nah, even after complete install it happen many times.....simply put office cd and get rid of the problem once n for all! It happened with me when i installed perfect disk.
but me think as long as d junk file removing sw keeps detecting d office file and our friend here keeps deleating d same, problem will persist

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
author said:
since 2-3 days i m facing this problem

Junk file remover since 2-3 day ,,,,so is it responsible for missing files ?
there-in lies the co-incidence which is actually responsible for the missing files. I suggest remove that s/w and keep some other good/reliable one like the cleaner of System mechanic 6 etc...

OP
M

mkmkmk

In the zone
Thanks Qmanic slugger very much for reply,,,,,

i was so irritated becoz of this error,,,,,after clking any icon of desktop pc was asking for ms office and xp installation files,,,,,,,,

i followed u r every instruction and after clking same icons now i m not facing any problem,,,,,,

slugger u r right i m using same S/W that u mentioned,,,Find Junk Files,,,,after reading its review i started to use since 2-3 days i got all these errors

*www.download.com/Find-Junk-Files/3000-2248_4-10276819.html?tag=lst-0-1

as per QMANICs suggestion i did full installation of ms office,,,,,,,

thanks to both of u for replying and suggesting nice solution,,
i deleted fine j files s/w now,,,,,

manoj

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom