1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

why some programms asking me ms xp office files,,,,,

Discussion in 'Software Q&A' started by mkmkmk, Mar 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mkmkmk

mkmkmk New Member

hi,,,

whenever i m clking some icons of desktop ,i m getting messege of missing files and asking me to insert ms office and xp installation cd

and some time xp pro installation cd,,,,,,

check this ,,,,,,,too

http://img45.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bsmsofficerelation9qd.jpg

check this image,,,,,,

http://img45.imageshack.us/my.php?image=34js1.jpg

pc have already installed ms word and front page still every time its asking me to insert cd and after installing cd,,,,,some installation happening then only i can see interface of that softy and i can use further applications,,,,,,,,

since 2-3 days i m facing this problem,,,,,usually i never faced this ,3 r d month ago i have formated pc,,,,,,

one softy i m using is,,,,,junk file remover since 2-3 day ,,,,so is it responsible for missing files ?

2. QwertyManiac

QwertyManiac Commander in Chief

Yes perhaps it is responsible, see its log of removed files to be sure... Also if u havent noticed/done so, plz do a complete install and not part install of yr office if problem persists...

3. slugger

slugger Banned

it is most likely dat d junk file remover which is d culprit. i 2 was using a junk file remover sw which when I ran showed up a *.bak/*.bat/*.dat file located in d Office XP folder [dun remember d exact extension as i stopped using MS Office long back]. Once deleated i used 2 get d very same message as u.

Solution
    If u r using d SW called 'Find Junk Files', as I am using when i faced this problem, then you can just add d file name to d list of files to overlook while scanning 4 junk files. me think u can also do it directly by selecting d concerned file from d list of junk files shown, right clicking on it and select d option which will stop searching 4 d file during d next scan
    4 any other sw 2 there must b a similar option 2 do so.

4. mediator

mediator New Member

Nah, even after complete install it happen many times.....simply put office cd and get rid of the problem once n for all! It happened with me when i installed perfect disk.

5. slugger

slugger Banned

but me think as long as d junk file removing sw keeps detecting d office file and our friend here keeps deleating d same, problem will persist

6. QwertyManiac

QwertyManiac Commander in Chief

there-in lies the co-incidence which is actually responsible for the missing files. I suggest remove that s/w and keep some other good/reliable one like the cleaner of System mechanic 6 etc...

7. OP
    OP
    mkmkmk

mkmkmk New Member

Thanks Qmanic slugger very much for reply,,,,,

i was so irritated becoz of this error,,,,,after clking any icon of desktop pc was asking for ms office and xp installation files,,,,,,,,

i followed u r every instruction and after clking same icons now i m not facing any problem,,,,,,

slugger u r right i m using same S/W that u mentioned,,,Find Junk Files,,,,after reading its review i started to use since 2-3 days i got all these errors

http://www.download.com/Find-Junk-Files/3000-2248_4-10276819.html?tag=lst-0-1

as per QMANICs suggestion i did full installation of ms office,,,,,,,

thanks to both of u for replying and suggesting nice solution,,
    i deleted fine j files s/w now,,,,,

manoj

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.