Why Opera is kept aside??

Status
Not open for further replies.

remrow

This.. Is.. Sparta..!!
You know that opera is the third(fourth) most popular browser, with fast page loading.
But many website just keep opera aside. They give that their website is best viewed on IE and Firefox but not on Opera. Moreover the classic version of live mail loads for the windows live mail.

Why is this so??
Opera is a good browser but why are peoples neglecting it!!

Last edited:

slugger

Banned
his shud tell u sumthin - % of people usin opera (me being 1 of them)

What is the trend in browser usage?

O = Opera

slugger

Banned
its not a question of which browser is good or bad - if you had taken a look at the table i had given above, it would be evident why designers dont optmise their sites for viewing in opera

opera commads a share of less than 2% as opposed to 25+% commanded by FF and IE

so it is simply uneconomical for the designers to spend their resources on 1.2% of opera users

ray|raven

Think Zen.
^True, but blame the designers of the webpage, not opera.
Infact, some sites ,which are made for IE only, render better on Opera than on FF.

How is that possible ? From what I have heard, both Op and FF along qith KQ follow the offitial standards, so they should have no problems with rendering any page :?

ray|raven

Think Zen.
^Personally , i havent had any rendering problems with opera,
let alone early gmail, it used to show the basic version and i had to tweak opera to get it show the full version,
But its gone now, opera shows full gmail normally.
Could you point me to a few sites that dont render well?

^Personally , i havent had any rendering problems with opera,
let alone early gmail, it used to show the basic version and i had to tweak opera to get it show the full version,
But its gone now, opera shows full gmail normally.
Could you point me to a few sites that dont render well?
can't remember any now.
I mainly used to use opera in my pre-linux days.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Me too tried all the browsers...IE 8,FF 4 beta,Safari.......But from the moment i have used Opera, all other browsers are dead for me.
Opera rocks. :)

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
for me, rediff mail is a bit screwed up (quick links-addrs book doesnt show up), but make Opera to "mask as IE", it works like a charm:)).

i love the "create search" feature of Opera, now no need to open youtube/wiki or any tool bars... to search for something.

the speed, inbuilt d/l mangr., password wand & bookmark nick names are the things i just love opera.

OP
remrow

remrow

This.. Is.. Sparta..!!
*vongo.com/this website dosen't works with opera! See what it says when you open it with opera. I am really raged!*bakshi.us/wp-content/lame.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom