Why it's happening with me???

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilzdad

Broken In
I don't know Y its happening with me...... first,i tried to install ubuntu 6.10 using live CD but due to pro in gparted i was not able to do dat.Again i tried with different torrent there also i experienced the same pro..... then thought of installing ubuntu 6.06, so i d\led ubuntu 6.06 'alternate cd'.In this upto installing base it goes smoothly but after that while installing softwares and packages the screen suddenly goes blank and strucks there........ but i can install and run ubuntu 5.10 smoothly...... i don't understand y its happening like dis ??? :confused:

mediator

Technomancer
devilzdad said:
I don't know Y its happening with me...... first,i tried to install ubuntu 6.10 using live CD but due to pro in gparted i was not able to do dat.Again i tried with different torrent there also i experienced the same pro..... then thought of installing ubuntu 6.06, so i d\led ubuntu 6.06 'alternate cd'.In this upto installing base it goes smoothly but after that while installing softwares and packages the screen suddenly goes blank and strucks there........ but i can install and run ubuntu 5.10 smoothly...... i don't understand y its happening like dis ??? :confused:
I found many people saying that they experienced problem with gparted in Ubuntu 6.10. Even I thought like that. But actually u have to wait a lil bit for ur partitions/hdd to appear. U have to wait like 1 min. or so. Be patient!

OP
devilzdad

devilzdad

Broken In
@pathiks, thanx dude coz i always thought dat itz happening with me only...... now i have realised, i'm not alone..... but watz is the reason???

@mediator, i waited for more than 30 minutes but nothing happened .... but if i chk cd for any defects, it shows cd has no defects.........

mediator

Technomancer
:shock: 30 minutes? well thats something new for me! :) Then All I can say is try other distros. Ah well, try fedora! :D

ApoorvKhatreja

Journeyman
I had the same problem with Ubuntu 6.06, but not with Edgy. Increase the video memory in your BIOS. That will certainly help. Switch it to maximum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom