Why is yahoo full of bots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zegulas

Traceur
Nowadays we cant find real people in the chat room anymore. Why doesn't yahoo do something about it?
Is there any place where we could enjoy chatting just like we used to a few years back?

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
Because yahoo is very famous and the most used Mssgr, evil minds like to annoy others and place advertisement via bots.

its a pain logging in to some chat room for quite some time now on yahoo..
everytime u enter some room, u have to pass an image verification (captcha) which is intended to filter bots.
but the sad thing is, who has got time to do all this crap just to enter a chat room

Surprised you people still Yahoo! (rather Yahoo?). G is better for me.
I am not a Fanboy, and hence I still use Yahoo.:mad::mad:
I do use G also. But it doesnt mean I have dumped Y.:)
I like using Y,G,M,S...all of them, for the various options they provide.:D:D:D:D
and Ymail is still my primary mail id.

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
I am not a Fanboy, and hence I still use Yahoo.:mad::mad:
I do use G also. But it doesnt mean I have dumped Y.:)
I like using Y,G,M,S...all of them, for the various options they provide.:D:D:D:D
and Ymail is still my primary mail id.

Fanboy! Me! No. Just that Yahoo was getting too much bloated and unreliable. Also I don't chat in public rooms, which is why most (not all) use Y!. Gtalk is good for me as I use it with friends and relatives who are in my contact list. Also no ads, stupid questions etc. Does the work just enough. Same goes with GMail.

Something that I (really) hate about Yahoo Msgr is, it asks for my preferences, and forgets about it. Each and every time it asks me "Do You Really want to exit?".

And I have not dumped Yahoo. Yet.

yahoo is full of b0ts and fake flirting females or stupid males because its for n00bs.
try something else, something which has been there for a loooong time, for 20 years.
that thing's name must be found by yourself or you qualify to be a n00b too.

Fanboy! Me! No. Just that Yahoo was getting too much bloated and unreliable. Also I don't chat in public rooms, which is why most (not all) use Y!. Gtalk is good for me as I use it with friends and relatives who are in my contact list. Also no ads, stupid questions etc. Does the work just enough. Same goes with GMail.

Something that I (really) hate about Yahoo Msgr is, it asks for my preferences, and forgets about it. Each and every time it asks me "Do You Really want to exit?".

And I have not dumped Yahoo. Yet.

Exactly, I objected to ur remark as most of the ppl who use Gtalk and Gmail have a feeling that they are the only intelligent ppl on earth and are superior to ppl using yahoo.
Actually it depends on individual preferences, I use Ymsngr because of nice UI and as it has some brilliant smilies without which it is impossible for me to chat with frnds, plus it allows me to remain invisible :D which gtalk doesnt by default (using Gmail only u can go invisible).and it doesnt forget my preferences.must be some prb with ur PC so u cant generalize .I never get ads also in Yahoo Messenger 9 .Plus I have been using Ymail for years now and didnt find any shortcomings..so still using it as primary.

SO bottomline is, "U shud never pass a comment on what other ppl like to do. Its their lives, and let them decide wats best for them".

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Yahoo Messenger has got one excellent feature that none other messenger got : Multiple profiles .. I have seven profiles and I can send recieve messages on all of them when I log on to YIM .. This doesnt require any patching to run multiple instance of the messaging program as some of us does for this purpose ..

nitish_mythology

OSS Enthusiast!
OFFTOPIC
Although I use Pidgin in Ubuntu, I still use yahoo messenger on XP.
Even if I remove the start up entry (msconfig), yahoo messenger creates a new one next time when I use it!
Its really irritating when you are working on an ages old pc! I dont like to have any monitoring software installed which prevents such changes as it slows down my pc!

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
^ I was Chatzilla in FF for Digit IRC.. but forgot its password now. I don't even remember my name their.

iNFiNiTE

The cake is a lie!!!
@blueshift.
you can use a different nick there.

If your previous nick was unique then u can even get it dropped and register again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom