Why has ubuntu gained so much popularity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shankar_ganesh

Journeyman
Why has Ubuntu gained so much popularity within a short period of time?

Does it really have a very, very, user-frdly interface,

and does it really possess a wide-range of applications?

reddragon

In the zone
as it sent CDs to ur doorstep....without even the price of medium....

and u got as many CDs as u wish ... again SETUP is easy.....all these factors count

Vyasram

The pWnster
Setup Is Easy!!! No Way.

I'm Stucks With 40 *2 Cds Without Knowing How The Heck I Wd Make Em Run. The Monitor Becomes Pixelized And It Stucks

Caps Are Intended

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Vyasram said:
Setup Is Easy!!! No Way.

I'm Stucks With 40 *2 Cds Without Knowing How The Heck I Wd Make Em Run. The Monitor Becomes Pixelized And It Stucks

Caps Are Intended
One problem doesn't make a distro difficult or bad. I think some hardware of yours might have a properitory control that won't work with hacked drivers. It needs drivers of it's own supported by the manufacturer. So, linux drivers are failing on your computer. And why in the world did you order 40 cd's if you had no intentions of distributing them? Do, you think they will supply cheap media that 1 or 2 out of 40 cd's will work.

Coming to the point
1) Ubuntu has great detection rate.
2) Wide range of software available albiet the bundled software is minimal.
3) Free distribution of CD's at the doorstep.
4) First time a company has made use of debian's portage system, which IMO is a really good system. FreeBSD's ports are considered as a very good way of package management, debian has a implemention it called portage. That's a major factor why I like debian based systems over rpm based systems.

adit_sen

In the zone
Been using ubuntu for a long long time now. Posting this just after I've updated to the newest release, Ubuntu 6.06 Dapper Drake. Installation is a breeze, and my comp run's much much faster than it does with WinXP...

Give it a try...U'll love it..

peace..
aditya

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Ubuntu has gained lot of popularity , because it ships the product to your doorstep free of cost. Also you can install some proprietary software and make
it play VCD, DVD, MP3 etc., It's very secure. I don't think anyone wants anything better than that!!

saurabh.sauron

Ambassador of Buzz
who says that ubuntu's installtion is difficult. in fact, it is extremely simple to anyine who has used DOS. i faced no problem with ubuntu so far.

@vyasram,
if installtion is a problem, why dont u try the live cd?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom