Why firefox doesnt work with all websites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

assddd

Broken In
Why with some websites i must use microsoft internet explorer and firefox cant see the page like it should?
Why mozilla dont fix that problem?

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
More often than not problem is with either IE or the designer. So, better complain to them. If the designers don't adhere to the standards what can mozilla people do?

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
it is usually because .........Plungin r not available ..........
as i hv many javascript codes .............................which cant be run in Morzilla/ Firefox.....................but can be easilly run in the Front Pg or Internet Explorer...

Ankur Mittal

Journeyman
Microsoft has blocked some of the login pages of microsoft.com and related sites to open only through internet explorer so no can help you.

the_moon

Journeyman
Yea, Its only some Microsoft pages that one can't access without IE. Rest Firefox works with every website.

mehulved

Ron said:
it is usually because .........Plungin r not available ..........
Well most of the commonly used plugins are available. If the other's do not make plugins for firefox what's the fault of firefox?
Ron said:
as i hv many javascript codes .............................which cant be run in Morzilla/ Firefox.....................but can be easilly run in the Front Pg or Internet Explorer...
I haven't seen any javascript not running on firefox. Give me one such site?

n2casey

Super Hero - Super Powers
Well, that can b a prob but every browser is best at its place. It depends on requirement. If standards r followed then every browser whether it's firefox, opera, IE, Netscape etc., support all pages.

shantanu

Technomancer
My site is using VBS, and JSP, while i made to for full support on IE, but firefox cant display anything but some highlited links... but there also all my JSP and VBS works absolutely fine... no probs in that... its only layout problem.. not scripting prob...
if you download the firefox 1.1 then site works perfectly fine , but on 2.0 its not... possibly no support to IE cloning... :p

our company is designing websites for the last 9 years, each and every websites work perfectly ok in IE. Our clients are happy.

who cares for firefox . . . . .

shantanu

Technomancer
indranilmaulik said:
our company is designing websites for the last 9 years, each and every websites work perfectly ok in IE. Our clients are happy.

who cares for firefox . . . . .

i think your state ment is not up to mark... its ok that IE is the most used browser.. but every browser has its own + points.. and many people use Firefox and OPera... they are also cool browsers and many people do care about them...

cynosure

UbuntuUser
Gmail works perfectly fine in both Opera and Firefox. I never faced any problem.
But yeah with some sites that use plugins like real player and quicktime and some others (the site of apple macOS leopard and GTA4), I tend to have problems as the neccessary plugin is never installed in my browsers. :)
But who cares???

mehulved

Indyan said:
Its not so hard to make a website that atleast renders properly in all browsers. Is it?
It is when you don't learn proper coding and when you use those dumb tools out there.

tuxfan

Technomancer
tech_your_future said:
More often than not problem is with either IE or the designer. So, better complain to them. If the designers don't adhere to the standards what can mozilla people do?

Exactly!! The problem in mainly in IE and coders. Even if a site validates without any error or warnings, it may appear differently in IE and FF/Opera. So the biggest culprit in this is IE 6 (7 is little better) and its popularity :(

Secondly, even the coders are to be blamed! They don't find it important to check their websites in other browsers! :mad: I always check them in at least 3 - IE, FF and Opera. Have a look at my site. It is valid XHTML Transitional (except 1 place which uses flash which I will correct soon) and valid CSS (except a few warnings for which there is no known cure).

So it is not impossible to make a site that work in all browsers. But there should be willingness. For whatever little experience I have, I have seen that if we validate the sites, many cross-browsers issues also get solved.

tuxfan

Technomancer
:D Best thing to do is make your site appear properly in FF and Opera and then apply IE CSS hacks ;)

cynosure

UbuntuUser
Here's a catch.
The "Google Docs and Spreadsheet" do not work in Opera, they open perfectly in Firefox. Try it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom