Why does Opera load faster than other Browzers.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Third Eye

gooby pls
i don't see any loading difference between opera and firefox.opera is more professional but some sites doesn't open with it.so i prefer firefox.

Alfansey06

Broken In
I dont know. but i have seen opera monitors what you are viewing. means if some image is loading, you scroll down to another image. top one stops and bottom starts loading.

go4saket

Come on man, Opera infact takes longer to load than others. But the best part of it is that surfing with Opera is the fastest.

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
opera 9 i feel is faster comparatively as am using both.. but 1 thing i noticed that firefox takes less time to re open pages which are opened before..

ya and its true that working with opera is faster say for ex.. they now introduced a new option with "paste" as "paste and go".. it really helps as u need not req to press enter while searching or opening url using a copy paste..

Last edited:

eagle_y2j

Youngling
Can ny 1 also tell Why does BMW runs faster than other cars ?

Ans:-Ask tis question to manufacturers of BMW
lolz

Last edited:
OP
the deconstructionist
eagle_y2j said:
Can ny 1 also tell Why does BMW runs faster than other cars ?

Ans:-Ask tis question to manufacturers of BMW
lolz

If not the manufacturers then ask the experts and I hope this the right place to ask the question.

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Opera has some Net tweaks in place. Like 'http pipelining', loads text from the page
first, loads Image in the background. You can do the same tweaks for FireFox.
Type 'about:config' in the address bar & change the Net connection settings.
FireFox will load faster now!!

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
^^
True!
I usually add following lines in prefs.js file to increase the FF speed:

Code:
user_pref("browser.turbo.enabled", true);
user_pref("config.trim_on_minimize", false);
user_pref("network.http.pipelining", true);
user_pref("network.http.proxy.pipelining", true);
user_pref("nglayout.initialpaint.delay", 0);

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
One definite reason I know of is Opera's javascript loading speed.
This has been proved in innumerable tests
See here : *celtickane.com/projects/jsspeed.php
Well, the conclusion is quite clear: Opera beat the **** out of everything else. It's more than 3.5 times faster than all of the other competing browsers.

Another reason is Opera's caching ability, Opera really makes use of cache(downloaded data), so there is huge speed advantage when visiting a site second time. (make sure you increase the cache from preferences.

shaunak

Tux Fan
Opera caches all your pages, scripts, flash files, pictures etc. so the next time your visit all it has to do is load from its cached file. it occupies about 20Mb to do this.
increasing this size will allow the browser to cache more.

Sykora

I see right through you.
In my experience, Opera hasn't loaded so quickly. It loads up faster than Firefox, but if you want speed, try dillo or epiphany, or even links.

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic
JGuru said:
Opera has some Net tweaks in place. Like 'http pipelining', loads text from the page
first, loads Image in the background. You can do the same tweaks for FireFox.
Type 'about:config' in the address bar & change the Net connection settings.
FireFox will load faster now!!

I m using FF2
I typed about:config

Vishal Gupta said:
I usually add following lines in prefs.js file to increase the FF speed:

But cud nt find prefs.js
YYY???

ApoorvKhatreja

Journeyman
Opera uses an algorithm which downloads and renders the html (text) part of the web page first and then downloads the images. Moreover, the images and javascript files are stored in cache for faster browsing. This gives Opera an edge over other browsers.

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
Opera is a far more technical browser. One of the reasons why opera is faster than firefox is that in firefox, you install 3rd party apps, which are not hardcoded in the original code. Whereas in Opera, most of the features are built in, which means they are part of the main code, so no inconsistencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom