why d915gav is not good for gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhijay_c

Broken In
hey every1!
i was just going through the form when i read :idea: that d915gav is not good for :shock: gaming!can somebody explain me y so and which is better? :?:
thx alot!
abhijay chopra

geek_rohit

In the zone
Welcome to diGit forum...
I see that you are a new user. Please go through the rules and regulations of this forum and do read the thread "Please read before you post". I also noticed that you have started two more threads for Graphics Cards related queries. I would suggest that you should first search that if another thread already exists for the topic which you want to start, if the topic is there please ask your question there, if not then you may start a new thread for that topic.

Happy Posting!!!

darklord

Cyborg Agent
hey every1!
i was just going through the form when i read Idea that d915gav is not good for Shocked gaming!can somebody explain me y so and which is better? Question
thx alot!
abhijay chopra

Reasons -
1] It is Intel Original board so no scope for overclocking.Gamers generally do OC their systems sometimes.

2] Feature wise it is not great

3] It is based on 915G chipset which has integrated grafix.Gamers use grafix card so this onboard video is never used.Also Integrated grafix chipsets perform slightly inferior to their counterparts with no video.

4] the price of the board is not at all justified

5] It is a board meant for LGA775,cpu is expensive and since all LGA775 CPUs are based on Prescott cores,they heat up a lot and hence the CPU fan makes intolerable noise.

6] Intel P4 is inferior to AMD 64 when it comes to games

7] Intel 915GAV+2.8 GHz LGA775 P4 = approx. 14-15k
Asus K8V + AMD Athlon 64 3000+ = Approx. 11-12k
Make out for yourself. :wink:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
darklord said:
3] It is based on 915G chipset which has integrated grafix.Gamers use grafix card so this onboard video is never used.Also Integrated grafix chipsets perform slightly inferior to their counterparts with no video.

Yup Thats right Darky.....Plus being based on the Onboard Intel GMA (graphics memory acclerator) 900 graphics core they are said to have a power equalling to a Geforce FX 5200 Gfx Card With 128MB VRam....hence if u wanna play Games Based on high graphics like doom 3 and Far Cry Then this board will be almost Pittyful Without a efficient Gfx card.....But for rest of the games this Mobo is a Breeze....well almost a breeze :wink:

Plus If ya tend to get this mobo The Pci-E version of 6600 Gt would supplement a Great deal for Playin Games at higher Res's :D

Sourabh

Laptoping
allwyn the whole point of the issue is to get a AMD equivalent system which performs better on wallet and paper

u can get the 6600GT on the AMD as well and play games better at high resolution

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Sourabh said:
allwyn the whole point of the issue is to get a AMD equivalent system which performs better on wallet and paper

u can get the 6600GT on the AMD as well and play games better at high resolution

Dude i know Amd being a better proccy....but since the he had asked for a 915 Gaming probs issues....i wad forced to limit my discussion to that mobo itself...nothin personal :wink:

goobimama

 Macboy
A Question, can I attempt to play doom3 at 800x600 on a 915GAV board with intel 3.0 ghz processor and 512 MB ddr400 ram?

I just want to play it as I got these new speakers and I hear the sound effects are thunderous in doom3..

Sourabh

Laptoping
You can surely run Doom3 at low settings on 640x480 resolution on integrated gma900. make sure you have installed the latest drivers for the gfx chip and latest patches for Doom3. If I am not mistaken you get around 35 fps @ lowest resolution with all the eye-candy turned off.

Caution: Dont keep the sound too loud and cause nuisance for your neighbours :D

AcceleratorX

Youngling
Nahh....Intel GMA 900 will not run Doom 3 fast enough even at 640x480 in my opinion. This is because Doom 3 uses NVIDIA-specific and OpenGL ARB2 extensions on GeForce FX and above cards.....extensions that may not be supported on GMA 900. If that is the case then you will have trouble in the graphics - many objects may not display properly.

Of course, if it DOES run, do yourself a favour, and use the GeForce1 path on the GMA 900 - it will look worse but make it run a lot smoother. To do this, press Ctrl+Alt+~ anytime in the game, and in the console type (without the quotes) 'r_renderer nv10' or 'r_renderer ARB' (whatever works best)

G

gxsaurav

OpenGL is a cross plateform, vendor indipendent implementation of Graphics API, it's same on every hardware, however the prformance depends on the drivers being used

all the objects will display properly, but with low quality, like in DirectX 7, ARB mode, there will be no bump textures etc

AcceleratorX

Youngling
The reason why I say objects may not display properly is because early S3 Drivers for the DeltaChrome had severe corruption in some OpenGL games....

But you are right, it all comes down to the driver. ;)

shaunak

Tux Fan
When u can get better boards for nearly the same price why buy?
925s much better and available for the same price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom