If i can play doom 3,
i can play eveery game.
but :oops:
when the game starts loading,
i can see all the icons on my desktop.
but not the menu of the game.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Not true, just because you can play Doom 3 DOES NOT mean you can play every game. You are sorely mistaken. If I were to guess I'd say you were using an MX variant of a GeForce card, maybe GeForce 4 MX. So, it would be real nice if you could actually post your system specs so the people here can come to an intelligent conclusion as to why exactly you're unable to play DX:IW.

OP
kunwar

kunwar

In the zone
my system specification-
256 mb ram
64 mb onboard 3d accelerator
2.0 Ghz Processor
windows xp

swatkat

Technomancer
Deus Ex 2 Invisible War is quite strict abt System requirements.....
as u r using onboard graphics, i think it's either Intel Extreme Grpahics 1 or 2....
Deus Ex 2 requires some features like Pixel Shader 1.1 , which r not available in Onboard graphics.....

Also, try updating Graphics drivers, DirectX.....

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
swatkat said:
Deus Ex 2 Invisible War is quite strict abt System requirements.....
as u r using onboard graphics, i think it's either Intel Extreme Grpahics 1 or 2....
Deus Ex 2 requires some features like Pixel Shader 1.1 , which r not available in Onboard graphics.....

Also, try updating Graphics drivers, DirectX.....

swat, im surprised that D3 runs on on board graphics.....and only 256MB RAM....what do u think?

bharathbala2003

why need title?
this will help u understan why it dint run.. this is why it dint run..

min req.. :

System: Intel Pentium® 4 1.5Ghz (or AMD Athlon™) or equivalent
RAM: 512 MB RAM
CD-ROM: 8X CD-ROM
Video Memory: 64 MB VRAM
Hard Drive Space: 2000 MB this will help u understan why it dint run..

and the onboard is not enuff..

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Nemesis said:
swat, im surprised that D3 runs on on board graphics.....and only 256MB RAM....what do u think?

Not a Big surprise here nemi.....as this game runs on my friends onboard 32MB Shared Nforce 2 Chipset with 256MB DDR ram too....At bare min settings i.ie :lol: this game manages for some card provided sufficient Gfx and the Ram is just a minor issue....256MB ram would be barely sufficient for it to run with some jerks :wink:

@kunwar....Intel Extreme does not have enough juice to run Deus ex invisible wars.....as both Doom 3 and Deus Ex have separate Graphics engine and work on a separate architecutre....so dun expect that if Doom 3 runnin on ur system makes magic for all games to work....Btw as swat said the Pixel shader 1.1 is lackin out on ur onboard i suppose :wink: the least u could try is to update ur chipset driver.....a Gfx card (which u are already havin a hard time with)...or some pacth for this game from its website....:wink:

@swat....Its Intel Extreme Gfx 1 as its found on commonly on the 8xxx chipsets of intel(especially the 845 one's with some exceptions like 865GV havin the Intel extereme 2 Gfx) and Shares oboard video Mem Max out of 64Mb If U have 256MB ram 8).....here comes in the 915 boards which have Intel GMA 900 onboard memory which can handle these games quite well with its 4 pixel pipelines and working at 333MHz and supportin DirectX 9 capabilities,hardware pixel shaders 2.0 and software vertex shaders 2.0,in addition to OpenGL 1.4 :wink:

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
borg said:
Doom 3 on 256 MB RAm ???. Man are you running Doom 3 or Doom 2???
Its certainly possible. My SiS 650 onboard and 256 Mb of RAM allows the game to initialise and run, albeit at minimum details and everything turned off. The game stutters badly and appears to be an incarnation of Max Payne with enhanced bullettime effect!

And for record, the same configuration was even able to run HL2, with far more better performance.

paul_007

Padawan
i agree with nemesis

he must be joking , my friend is also having same config in fact he is having 512 ddr ram and doom3 didn't ran on his pc

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Re: i agree with nemesis

paul_007 said:
he must be joking , my friend is also having same config in fact he is having 512 ddr ram and doom3 didn't ran on his pc

Dude why dun u understand its not about the Ram concept here.....its about the Gfx card....Plus the Ram constitutes only to the games loading times (The more the Ram the less the load times) and also to the smoothness of the gameplay.....The graphics card is the most essential part for deciding on the game's working pattern.....What Gfx card or Mobo does ur friend have?????

Btw U wont be able to Run Doom 3 Even if ya upgrade to 2GB of Physical Ram and left out with no Gfx card :lol: :lol:

bharathbala2003

why need title?
Re: i agree with nemesis

allwyndlima said:
paul_007 said:

Dude why dun u understand its not about the Ram concept here.....its about the Gfx card....Plus the Ram constitutes only to the games loading times (The more the Ram the less the load times) and also to the smoothness of the gameplay.....The graphics card is the most essential part for deciding on the game's working pattern.....What Gfx card or Mobo does ur friend have?????

Btw U wont be able to Run Doom 3 Even if ya upgrade to 2GB of Physical Ram and left out with no Gfx card :lol: :lol:

oh allwyn i dunno how cum ppl dont see even the min req for a GAME!!! it clearly says min 32 MB graphics proce. n so on.. and clearly write 256.. 512 MB ram etc.. atleast seeing that they should know RAM ALONE WONT WORK!!!! n even if they r pirated cd's am sure they will have a README.TXT file!!!! :wink:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
@bala....dude i dun blame em much for readin the min requirements....as not all game's min requirements are tellin the exact truth....cause they say 384Mb or somtin min ram reqd for playin doom 3.....ahh...not true it definetly runs on 256MB....same way when previously when i had very little knowledge about Gfx card and stuff....my frnds used to tell me that Q3arena will require a High-Fi 3d card and this and that Mambo Jambo stuff.....but when i got to know most of the hardware stuff and read the Q3Arena readme file.....it listed Min of 16MB Gfx card reqd to play.....but it Ran wihout a hitch on The Intel Onboard 810 decently which has just 8Mb of shared ram.....So now where's the MIn Requirements concept go here :lol: :lol:

Now only one darn Funda Good Gfx Card.....Good Proccy....Good Ram and Yea finally Good money is reqd as Min Requirements for every game :wink:

bharathbala2003

why need title?
@allwyn wat u said is rite.. but then now a days 99 or even 100 % of the games require a decent gfx card.. :D n in recent days gfx is like a std part of a comp :lol:

paul_007

Padawan
gree with allwyndlima

yeah exactly allwyndlima is absolutely correct earlier i was having only p4 2.2 ghz 128 mb ram and only 8 mb onboard intel chipset and i was able 2 play gta vice city and mafia and completed both of them and their min requirements included 32 mb grfic card

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
paul_007 said:
he doesn't have a card and he has i865 ongoard chipset

Well then paul that explains the whole probs now.....See the intel extreme Gfx Series Boards are lacking out on most aspects and aint that good enough to play Doom 3.....So may be ask ur freind to Get a Gfx card rather.....plus some games do work out on onboard 865 chipset though....most that i have seen is UT2K4,Gta Vice City(Runs on almost most systems),NFSU2,HL2,Cricket 2004,Fifa 2005 and some more i guess...but Gfx Intensive game Like Doom 3 are in a strcit need of a Gfx card though :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom