why always " _ " .. whats so good in that

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

hey guys have you marked that why there is _ is used as valid character that can be used in valid variable name in most programing language.. what so goo d in that is ther any reason fro it ???

and for email account also it can be (only it) used with alphabets and numbers to specify username ?? why ????

go4inet

In the zone
Good Post I must say !
By the my answer wud be, coz its Unique :lol: i know this is funny ! But still When i get a good answer, I will post them here

Regards,
Vinay

PS : Good Thread ! Dude ! Keep it Up !

imprince

Journeyman
go4inet said:
Good Post I must say !
By the my answer wud be, coz its Unique :lol: i know this is funny ! But still When i get a good answer, I will post them here

Regards,
Vinay

PS : Good Thread ! Dude ! Keep it Up !

haha kya baat hai :evil: plz reply don't spoil ur time and knowledge :evil:

KHUBBU

Journeyman
Its Simple, its used instead of "space" like "Room_No" will look more appropriate and can be easily understood that its the room number, if we take "Roomno" it wud not be that much clear. and lastly we cannot give space between a variable name coz then it will be taken as different words like " Room No".

I hope this clears ur confusion. if u have other alternative u can use it of course.

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
There is a reason for that. a space is taken as a blank characer and the variable name's can't have blank space b/wn them so to make it look seperate we use the underscoe' _ " since it is valid. and spaces are not allowed on the internet too.... so we all use "_"

..:: peace ::..
Jeba

Jatin_T

Journeyman
:D
Think cooljeba and the other guys are right..space is not accpeted in a variable name hence we use the "_" instead.
"_" has significance in C language as system variables(of the compiler generally) start with "_"
^if thts not true..pls tell me..coz my Comp sirs sometimes wrong!

NikhilVerma

Padawan
There could be another reason

Since "_" is very small and it's position is very low...

People can read text with "_" as easily as they can do it with " "

People_can_read_text_with "_" as_easily_as_they_can_do_it_with " "

It*wouldn't*work*with*any*other*character*SEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom