Whts Your Windows Vista experience index?

Status
Not open for further replies.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
First of all let me explain what this Windows Vista experience index means ...

Vista likes rating everything and telling you what you can and can’t run on your system, it’s very good at doing that. When you boot Vista for the first time, you get something called the “Welcome Center” which displays information about your computer, hardware installed and the rating of the installed hardware. You really only need to see this once, so I recommend turning it off but some may be wondering what all those numbers mean.

The Bangkok Post has an article explaining those numbers which currently range from 1 to 5.9 (sadly there are no negative numbers to rate the really low end stuff) briefly summarized here:

1.0 - if any of your hardware rated this number then it’s time to toss that old heap of junk out a window and buy a new system with Vista. Or install Linux on it, I don’t recommend that either, simply because several features that I need from my laptop (in Vista) are not available in Ubuntu.

2.0 - your PC will run Aero Glass, BARELY. Consider some serious upgrades or buy a new system.

3.0 - the computer will run Aero Glass and even do a few intensive multimedia tasks but don’t count on it to being able to play games or render 3D scenes in record times.

4.0 and up - now we’re getting somewhere. Computers in the 4.0 to 5.9 range can handle just about any task thrown at them but the higher the number, the faster it will run those intensive tasks. Any computer in this range is ripe for gaming, 3D rendering, heavy PhotoShop work, DVD authoring, I’ll stop there but the list goes on and on, kind of like the Engergizer bunny.

Of course, the computer itself receives an “overall” rating but it is not an average, it’s simply the lowest rated piece of hardware in the system. For most off the shelf desktops and laptops this will be the graphics card. Integrated graphics usually rate between a 2.5 and 3.2/3.3 which is hardly desirable.

To ensure best possible performance with Vista, every component in the system should have a rating of 4.0 or higher, the higher, the better, especially for gamers and graphics professionals.

What is Your Windows Vista Experience Index :cool: ???

Post Your system configuration along with so that we can awe in wonder @ u ... ;)

Last edited:

[xubz]

"The Cake is a Lie!!"
*img354.imageshack.us/img354/8551/untitled1pw1.th.png
(Taken in April, had posted in a Different Forum)

The WEI score depends on the Least Sub Score, i.e. you can see my processor is weak. The reason I get just 4.1 (for my 2.5yr old config)

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
1.0 :D For my Gaming Graphix

This is an old laptop, i just upgraded the RAM to 759 MB.
Except for the Graphix, rest all is in the 3s.
Proc 3
Memory 3.9
Hard Disk 3.8

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
guys plesae post in your system config also ... so that it will nice to see all the details and how they fair ....

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
The_Devil_Himself said:
^dunno why....who cares.
i also get 3.1 on my lappy becuase of intel gma 950 where as for rest its 4.8:p
C2D 1.73
2Gb ram
120 Gb Sata2
DVD writer

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
I might switch to Vista from XP. I mainly use it for gaming/

Just a rough idea req. of How much following config will score?

AMD X2 4400+
8600 GT
1 GB 667Mhz Ram
SATA II 250 GB HDD with 16 MB buffer thingy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom