Not open for further replies.

magneticme200

In the zone
ive a n95 8gb..!
tht is s60v3
this is what i did:-
1. i took a backup of my phone mem thru BACKUP app in Nokia pc suite
2. i updated my firmware fr v10 something to v20 something
3. i restored my original phone mem data thru the BACKUP app again frm nokia pc suite

now i hv all the apps shown in the app manager of my phone
bt i dnt see the icons of all of thm, only some of thm i can run..
when i try to uninstall the apps (whose icons are nt displayed), it says "Remove Failed"..
i want to delete it frm its location only...
i want to knw tht exactly at what location are the apps installed in a s60v3 version symbian os, whn they have been installd in the mem card( hard disk in case of n95 8gb)
and also what do i do other thn uninstalling, ie if i dnt want to uninstall thm bt because they are already installd i wud want to use thm without unnecessarily re- installing thm.!!!

pls help..!
why the hell did i update my FW.?

thnks in advance

manan

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
jst reinstall n then uninstall them....as pathik said by reinstalling apps, ur deleted files will b replaced...n then u can uninstall them...so it wil remove d apps including it's registry from OS completely from ur cell.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
While updating your S60 smartphone it is always recommended to not backup the apps but freshly reinstall them after updating firmware. Unless you have N82 which preserves your data even after a firmware update. Btw N95 8gb will also be getting this feature in future updates.

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
while backing up next time, remove the tickmark on the "Phone Specific Backup". This won't backup your installed apps.

OP
M

magneticme200

In the zone
while backing up next time, remove the tickmark on the "Phone Specific Backup". This won't backup your installed apps.

yeah thts a useful advice..!!

though thrs anothr thing i wanna ask...
i had webgate device locks...through tht i lockd my active file(file explorer softwr) application..ie it usd to ask fr a defined password wenever you wud want to run it..
now after updation...webgate device locks and active file had to be reinstalld...

now wenever i open active file(freshly installed), it gives me an error sayin..."application access denied due to security reasons.." i knw this is happening because i lockd it earlier...bt nw wat do i do.??
i hv reinstalld active file again and again...bt it gives me the same error...
tht means evn aftr uninstallation thre remains some files in the system of a particular app...tht is y i was asking fr the location..!

Pathik

Google Bot
Format your fone once. Use the 3 key format. After that format your card as well. Should solve all problems. Os9.1 is a lil closed so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom