Who Has More Knowledge

WHO HAS MORE KNOWLEDGE A HACKER OR AN ENGINEER !

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

optumsprime

Broken In
WHO HAS MORE KNOWLEDGE A HACKER OR AN ENGINEER .VISHAL I AM WAITING FOR UR OPINION BECOZ U KNOW WAT I AM WANT TO ASK.

MY VOTE IS GO TO THE HACKER:twisted:

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
I see no comparison between the two. Same like Geeks are various in kinds, there are art geeks and there are computer geeks. A hacker probably knows his networks the best while an engineer knows his machines of his subject well. No relation between the two.

kato

Karthiksn
I quite agree with QM on this the thing is that they both are of different fields so there is no use of comparison between them by any chance.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
BOTH r MATERS OF THERE OWN WORLD
BOTH THINK THEY R THE ULTIMATE.....AND CAN DO NOTHING WRONG

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Can you be more precise. The word knowledge is way too ambigious in this case to even start discussing anything.

reddick

Mobile Freak
I voted NONE OF THESE...As I got more knowledge than these two guys :lol: No problem,add my name now ;)

bharathbala2003

why need title?
id vote for both.. as qwerty said it each knows his art well..

@mods dont u think this should go to fight club or chitchat??

Third Eye

gooby pls
I voted "both" because 'hacker' know how to crack and 'engineer' know how to heal.... :D

Last edited:

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
In my opinion this thread makes no sense and is total BS. Instead of being in qnA this thread should be in chit chat.

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
yes thts wat i ws thinking tarey_g
and for ur question hacker has more knowledge coz he cracks wat engineer has created...so clear winner!

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
i say both because wen developing something new 1 has to take various aspects into consideration thr is hope for something new urge to develop fast frustration due to failure and other tech aspects which at times refrain the original product tht comes out tobe fool proof and is at times most vulnerable ..... hackers hav the ready thing in front of them all they need to do is mess with it and once the engineer comes to know he knowing th original codes and the vulnerability can rectify it but hackers are also genius coz finding out weaknesses in others is ur biggest strength

Last edited:
OP
optumsprime

optumsprime

Broken In
demoninside said:
Do U even know the definition of both?
*media.techtarget.com/searchSecurity/images/spacer.gif *media.techtarget.com/searchSecurity/images/spacer.gif *media.techtarget.com/searchSecurity/images/spacer.gif
hacker

*media.techtarget.com/searchSecurity/images/spacer.gif *media.techtarget.com/searchSecurity/images/spacer.gif *media.techtarget.com/searchSecurity/images/spacer.gif

*media.techtarget.com/digitalguide/images/Misc/sdef_definition.gif - Hacker is a term used by some to mean "a clever programmer" and by others, especially those in popular media, to mean "someone who tries to break into computer systems." 1) Eric Raymond, compiler of The New Hacker's Dictionary, defines a hacker as a clever programmer. A "good hack" is a clever solution to a programming problem and "hacking" is the act of doing it. Raymond lists five possible characteristics that qualify one as a hacker, which we paraphrase here:
  • A person who enjoys learning details of a programming language or system
  • A person who enjoys actually doing the programming rather than just theorizing about it
  • A person capable of appreciating someone else's hacking
  • A person who picks up programming quickly
  • A person who is an expert at a particular programming language or system, as in "Unix hacker"
Raymond deprecates the use of this term for someone who attempts to crack someone else's system or otherwise uses programming or expert knowledge to act maliciously. He prefers the term cracker for this meaning.
2) The term hacker is used in popular media to describe someone who attempts to break into computer systems. Typically, this kind of hacker would be a proficient programmer or engineer with sufficient technical knowledge to understand the weak points in a security system. For more on this usage, see cracker.

An engineer is someone who is trained or professionally engaged in a branch of engineering.[1] Engineers use creativity, technology, and scientific knowledge to solve practical problems. People who work as engineers normally have an academic degree (or equivalent work experience) in one of the engineering discipline

altimate

Broken In
but generally a hacker is concerned with security issues and bugs.

But as we all know only some ppl who go beyong ENGG. limits can b hackers....

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
ankurgupta.me said:
yes thts wat i ws thinking tarey_g
and for ur question hacker has more knowledge coz he cracks wat engineer has created...so clear winner!
I'd love to see a hacker crack an iron safe. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom