Votes: 0 0.0%
  • unreal 2005 engine

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ASH18MARCH

Journeyman
which engine u think is hot for making a game or which engine u might choose given the opprtunity to make a game would u go with and why

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
Which is the Unreal 2005 Engine???

I guess you meant the Unreal 2007 engine. We haven't seen enough of that engine to say anything about it yet.

I would choose the DOOM 3 engine for the great lighting/shadow effects it can create.

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!

First of all this is not a fair comparison.. Unreal 3 engine is a futuristic engine and is much more powerful and detailed than others mentioned here... btw..from the choices given I wud obviously go for the Unreal 3 engine (ASH18MARCH meant that when he said Unreal 2005 Engine)

Unreal 3 engine is undoubtedly Amazing ...

See this
www.unrealtechnology.com/html/technology/ue30.shtml

OP
A

ASH18MARCH

Journeyman
oops soory my mistake i was talking about the 2003 engine and yes the 2007 one looks promising i have seen a video which was made to demonstrate the capabilty of the same

seems like ther is no way of editng a poll so let me make it clear it is the

unreal 2003 engine i was refering to and not 2005 sorry :D

OP
A

ASH18MARCH

Journeyman
rock the god what an asweom link u have provided men unreal engine 3 is powerfull its a monster i was going through the polygon limits throughthe article it is realy good a must read site for gamers thanks

here are some scrennies for people to look at awsome men simply awsome

*www.unrealtechnology.com/screens/p_bezerker.jpg
*www.unrealtechnology.com/screens/p_beast.jpg
*www.unrealtechnology.com/screens/p_soldier.jpg

asdf1223

Journeyman
cry engine is the best as of now for immersion for physics its source for lighting its doom3 for all in one package unreal 3.

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
I'll take the unreal engine for games with large exterior sceneries like jungles, deserts, pyramids, etc.
Doom3 engine excels in "mostly-interior" type games where lighting is the main focus (for mood creation).
Source engine is very good for both type of games, but I don't feel the pull towards it. Atleast not as much as with the other engines.

So I really can't say here. But for the sake of the unambiguous poll question, I'll choose unreal.

PS: I think u can ask the mods to change the poll choices. Just PM them.

aceman

Broken In
I would vote for the DOOM3 engine, the reason why DOOM3 was kept to confined spaces was to reduce the system requirements but one would have to buy a 7800gt if using the doom3 engine the enviroments were kept as big as farcry or halflife :lol: .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom