• CONTEST ALERT - Experience the power of DDR5 memory with Kingston Click for details

Which web browser you use to surf Internet?

Which web browser you use to surf Internet ???

• Internet Explorer

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Mozilla Firefox

Votes: 58 75.3%
  • Opera

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • Chrome

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Safari

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Avant

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dhan_shh

Ambassador of Buzz
IE becomes a part of my system,difficult to change it.

Firefox is good,but still 'something' is missing!

IE is my first choice!!

OP
ax3

ax3

Cool as a CUCUMBAR ! ! !
v dont have the real broadband so ff is far more appreciated ......... any tweak\trick 2 speedup opera ??

imgame2

Padawan
i have to use firefox ..since there is no other option for me as other browsers doesn't give any option for proxy authentications.

firefox has widest range of support for various protocols.. AFAIK.

Few days back I increased the DPI of my monitor to 120 & the resolution to it's native 1650X1080. After this, watching web pages in Firefox is hell. The text is so small & I have to zoom every time. On the other hand, IE 8 beta 2 has Zoom set at 125% by default things look much better.

Images are blurred in both due to zooming.

So untill firefox can come up with something to solve this zooming problem, it's IE 8 beta 2 for me.
why don't u try this ...

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2592

it works for me pretty well for me should work for u as well and u can get to use firefox too ! :)

Last edited:

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
v dont have the real broadband so ff is far more appreciated ......... any tweak\trick 2 speedup opera ??

This one is simple.

Go to "Tools> Preferences> Advanced". Change the settings to look like this.

operawh7.png

You can empty the disk cache everytime you're expecting some new content on a particular site, and then visit that site.

My Opera is blazing fast, even faster than Safari.

OP
ax3

ax3

Cool as a CUCUMBAR ! ! !
@beta testing .... thanx ....

am newbie 2 opera ...
how 2 block flash files & ads in opera as its done in ff ???
ff has adblock bt whot abt opera ? as its not doing it ....

Last edited:

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
Opera Opera Opera Opera ROCKS!!!!!

BTW right now I've IE8, Opera, FF and chrome all opened. Each for something different. There is nothing till now which can have all of features of these browsers.

@beta testing .... thanx ....

am newbie 2 opera ...
how 2 block flash files & ads in opera as its done in ff ???
ff has adblock bt whot abt opera ? as its not doing it ....

Right Click anywhere in page where flash or ad banner is. Select Block content. Click on ads or flash (hold shift while clicking to block individual Ads.)

Last edited:
Mozilla Firefox - Its fast, light and feature rich. I use it most of the time.
Opera - Whenever I use KDE, I am stuck with opera. But its still good, so no complaints.
Chrome - When I need to browse on windows, chrome is the best option.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Right Click anywhere in page where flash or ad banner is. Select Block content. Click on ads or flash (hold shift while clicking to block individual Ads.)

That's such a cumbersome process! Go to a page, right-click, block the stupid ads, then browse the page. Then go to a new page, rinse, repeat. After a while of using Opera I find myself blocking ads more than browsing the page itself. AdBlock Plus is much better than all this crap. Just install it and forget it. Automatically blocks all the ads for you. But it seems some people like to do it the hard way. *sigh*

OP
ax3

ax3

Cool as a CUCUMBAR ! ! !
agreed with @krazzy ...... +1

@Quiz_Master ...... thats 2 hard in opera .... whereas in ff its automatically done .....

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

to speed up your browsing/saving bandwidth, you can select that setting.(camera icon).

click it once to goto "cached image mode" [no new images are loaded], click it again to return to normal image loading mode, click on that "down arrow" to activate "no image mode" [no images are loaded & shown].

i do that when i'm using AIrtel BB in mornings, as its "Night Unlimited" only:p

sometimes i use it in gamerz section of digit:p.

that another icon is for "fit to width" button, if you visit gamerz section, you see ppl posting full size images, which make browsing difficult., just click that icon & opera will adjust the image(s) to window width.

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
I'm using FF now. No probs as of now. I'm pretty pleased with FF. The browsing speeds really are great. Until I find a reason to go back to Opera, I'll stick with this one.
P.S- Is there any RSS reader which can be integrated into FF?
Is FF's download manager good? Is there any other third party DM which I can integrate into FF?

OP
ax3

ax3

Cool as a CUCUMBAR ! ! !
use latest free download manager .... it integrates with ff smoothly .......

ThinkFree

Technomancer
FIREFOX

P.S- Is there any RSS reader which can be integrated into FF?
Is FF's download manager good? Is there any other third party DM which I can integrate into FF?

I think OmeaReader had an option for firefox integration, but not fully sure.
FF3's inbuilt download manager is good enough if you just want the facility of pausing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom