Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I Dont use a UPS

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

blacklight

Journeyman
i would like to buy a new UPS for my PC.so i would like to know what rating to select .i hav been using a 500 va tvs ups so far.and i wuld be upgrading my pc shortly ,so will a 500 va ups be sufficient or should i go for a higher rating one . i might be upgrading to SLI based config .Also suggest me a better brand.

h_kunte

Journeyman
Wheres powercom mate? It is the best UPS amongst the ones available today...Add that too to the poll options...

HK

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
I'm using a Microtek 800VA UPS. Pretty good back-up times. I have a gripe though - only 3 power outlets and they are cramped together which means it's really hard to fit in larger plugs.

I think APC and Powercom are the best choices. Microtek is good too and is the next best thing. Try getting an APC 800VA or 1000VA UPS. Firstly, try and determine how much power your setup will consume. The APC 800VA UPS takes 540W at max load and gives about 5-6 minutes at max load.

Kniwor

Learner
I dont use one, i live in my college and no power faliures or power fluctuations whatsoever here, comps have been working fine for years now.

but i was thinking on gettting one lately

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
powercom .. cos it has lan sockets so has protection for spikes from lan which is quite imp .. a friend purchased it for 1.7 k few days ago .. i am using apc back ups avr pro for last four years without any prob .. but i think its costly and powercom one with the lan sockets is better choice ..

TechGuru#1

In the zone
i also want a 800VA - 1KVA UPS,
but conditions r:

1) Black case

2) Good Input voltage Range to use on Mains

3) Good Software controller program for the UPS,like Poerchute of APC

Any suggestions???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom