which ups to buy n price??

Status
Not open for further replies.

tweety_bird_bunny

Journeyman
currently i hav datavision ups....but it doesnt wrk properly...there occurs sometimes short circuting in its sockets...
so wanna buy new ups...
shud i go for intex???
my budget is approx 2000...
plz suggest

knight17

In the zone
I also reccomends APC it is really good abt Rs2000/-
You will get s/w monitering etc with that...

Go for APC

PrinceHeart

In the zone
I got STAR 500VA - old one.
Now that since i have upgraded to 17 in flat monitor, whenever there is power cuts - the USP makes beeps and shuts down. It doesn't even give me anytime to save my works. If I have to shutdown windows, I have to switch off the monitor, then the USP works for few minutes - before i can click windows button on keyboard and try to shutdown - memorising like click win button - then click UP button . then click ENTER, then click RIGHT arrow to select SHUTDOWN and click ENTER to shutdown the PC.

I think i have to get a new UPS - which can support 17 in monitors.
help me out.

Thanks

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
kalpik said:
Go for APC ups.. 500VA for around 2100 bucks.. Its the best UPS there is!
Hey Kalpik .. Its only Rs. 1950 now .. I bought one in june for a friend

I have APC Back-UPS ES 650Y-IN at home .. Its good
Comes with the Software n Datacable for auto shutdown in case of power failure
n u arent at desk

bukaida

In the zone
@ princeheart
You can go for a 1000VA UPS which will be ideal to support large monitors and
high wattege SMPS. Microtech 1000VA(although not the best) is a decent performer in the low budget range.

PrinceHeart

In the zone
Thx for the info bukaida - can u tell me the price of Microtech 1000VA and if its not the best - what is and what price ?

thx

Brave_Hunt

Journeyman
I'm using UPS called "Perfect" I can tell you It's very perfect and It rocks.;) It'll cost you around Rs. 1,800-2,200. But I'll suggest you to get "Matrix" have no jist about the price but It's the best one.

Last edited:

PrinceHeart

In the zone
I tried yahoo search for "microtech" and "perfect", but no good result. Are they local brands ? I had heard about APC many times before. Does they got 1000VA UPS ? I got no idea about all this stuffs. With my present PC config, all i want is when the power goes off, my UPS should be give me atleast 10 mins to save my running programs/files before shutdown to avoid hardware/software problems which is bad news for PC's health.

Anyone with more infos ??

thx

bukaida

In the zone
well prince heart , the spelling they are using is MICROTEK. It is quite old and reputated company not a local one.Google it .

PrinceHeart

In the zone
From what i heard APC is a good company for these UPS types..
Sorry for the spelling mistake for Microtek, I will surely have a look. And since Im planning to get my 2 CPU connected, i think i will be needing a better and advance UPS to keep those 2 CPU online anc connected.

Thx to all !!
btw.. the thx button is not showing today. does anyone knows what happened ?

cheerz

shanket

Broken In
I think u should go for Su-Kam....
I have been using it for around 5 yrs.... But i hv faced no problems as such.....

PrinceHeart

In the zone
Well i asked my vendor to let me know about ACP with 1000VA. He will let me know in a couple of days.

I have seen ads on TV about Su-Kam.. I tried searching for its website ? Does they got any website at all. If yes - kindly post it here. Nothing wrong in taking notes before buying a good UPS.

thx

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
kalpik said:
How much did the ES 650Y-IN cost you?
Got It for Rs.2850 in may (dont know the current price)

Here is the website link - for UPS Products from APC (Choose India)

*www.apcc.com/products/category.cfm?id=13
@PrinceHeart
Try for APC .. they are the best!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom