Which TV tuner card? - should work with Vista Media Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulBarber

Broken In
Hey guys,

Please suggest a good internal TV tuner card. Main idea is to use it with Vista Media Center (or maybe later with MythTV/Knoppmyth or some other media center distro).
I'm getting a Pinnacle Remote Kit for Vista from amazon.com to go with the card.
Link for the kit is pasted below.
*www.amazon.com/Pinnacle-Remote-Win...2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1216321670&sr=1-2

Main requirements for the TV tuner card are

1) Should work with Vista Media Center (this is the main requirement). It should work with the media center remote also
2) Should give good quality picture and sound.

Please suggest a good tuner card. Budget is within Rs 2500 (preferably).

Bumpy...bump....nobody??

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
dude. I don't think card's bought in US will work in India.

USA TV Format : NTSC
India TV Format: PAL B

So, don't buy it in USA.
Just to go local dealer and buy it.

OP
P

PaulBarber

Broken In
dude. I don't think card's bought in US will work in India.

USA TV Format : NTSC
India TV Format: PAL B

So, don't buy it in USA.
Just to go local dealer and buy it.

I'm not planning to buy the card from US :) Planning to get from local dealer only.
Anyways most of the cards support NTSC and PAL, so even cards bought from US should work here.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Okay. If you are getting from local dealer, then this is the best one for you I think:

*www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/as/...n/PCTV+Hybrid+Tuner+Kit+for+Windows+Vista.htm

OP
P

PaulBarber

Broken In
^^ Thanks...looks like good option. But I have already ordered the media center remote kit separately, so I wouldn't need the complete kit. I'll see if I can get the "PCI stereo TV tuner card" separately (without the media center remote and blaster)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom