Which to install first?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gofeddy

Broken In
Hello,
My cousin has brought a new PC. Looking at all the threads, I have told him to downloaded a firewall(zonealarm), antivirus(avast) and an antispyware(adaware) on his PC.
But I would like to know if there is any particular order or sequence in which the 3 should be installed so that no compatibility problems arise?

emailaatif786

Always Questioning?
Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0

I recommend Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0.

Kaspersky® Internet Security 6.0 is a fully integrated solution that protects your computer from all of the most common Internet threats, including viruses, hacker attacks, adware, spam and spyware.

Main Advantages:
Integrated protection from all Internet threats
Cutting-edge antivirus technologies
Personal firewall
Protection from spam and phishing
Instant database updates
Free technical support

Key Features:
Real-time monitoring of all data streams, including email, Internet traffic and network connections
Protection from viruses, Trojans and worms
Protection from spyware, adware and other potentially hostile programs
Proactive defense against new malicious programs
Protection from network attacks and system hijacking
Blocking of popup windows and banners
Rollback of changes made by malicious programs on your computer
Blocking of links to phishing websites
Trainable spam filtration system
Support for Windows Vista™ and 64-bit systems

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
gofeddy said:
Hello,
My cousin has brought a new PC. Looking at all the threads, I have told him to downloaded a firewall(zonealarm), antivirus(avast) and an antispyware(adaware) on his PC.
But I would like to know if there is any particular order or sequence in which the 3 should be installed so that no compatibility problems arise?
Install anyway. it will give probs. but for protection, install avast first and update it and don't use zonealarm. its incompatible with avast. instead use comodo.

*www.personalfirewall.comodo.com/

install avast 1st so that if any other pacakage has a virus, it will prevent you from installing. be sure to download avast from its real site instead of a download mirror like download.com

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
No particular order.

But 4 ur tasallee... COMODO Firewall, AVG Antivirus, Spy Sweeper. Update them if necessary. All free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom