Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
*img134.imageshack.us/img134/1441/gnome2191released2ak9.png
Can any 1 tell me how to get the toolbar transparent looks like this 1 :) Plz tell help will be appreciated..

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Its the LiNsta (Linux is Not Vista) theme.
*gnome-look.org/content/show.php?content=44570&forumpage=4

The Window Border is vista_glow (Beryl as kalpik said, and using Emerald)

And the transparencies can be set via panel properties, or by holding alt and moving the mouse wheel up or down, keeping the cursor on the required object (Panel or Window) [Requires beryl running]

OP
Dark Star

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
Ohh thanks can you tell me how to install different pointer ? I think you got what I want to say ? :S

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Yep!

Head to this page to look at some good ones (X11 Mouse Pointer Themes)
*www.gnome-look.org/index.php?xsortmode=down&page=0

Download your choice and extract the folder. Then move it to the .icon folder of your Home directory.

Code:
mv <directory name> .icons/
Now go to System > Preferences > Mouse and go to the Pointers tab to see them there ..

Fear not, there's a GUI way too. Go to your home folder and hit Ctrl + H to show hidden files. Now enter .icons folder and extract the required theme directly there itself and then follow the Sys > Pref > Mouse to change it.

Last edited:
OP
Dark Star

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
Thanks btw where is that directory ? :S Plz help me :) Thanks :) rest I know just main points where to move them :(

OP
Dark Star

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
Thanks btw isn't is the same folder where icons got saved . ? While installing from themes ,. This means we can install them from themes too ;)

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Yes you could do it from there previously on Ubuntu, but now it just shows me an invalid file format error, thus my suggested method.

And even if you do that, and accidentally click it on the icons area when it shows up, it used to hang after that. (If you dont do that and go to mouse directly after it, it works fine) Not good :(

OP
Dark Star

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
The problem happening with you is that you are uncompressing the .tar.gz file do not extract the folder and install it as it :) Its working without any hassle :)

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Yeah I am trying the uncompressed of course, how will a theme manager recognize a folder anyway, am not that dumb :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom