Which Spyware program should I use???

Status
Not open for further replies.

go4saket

Hello Friends!

I am presently using Webroot Spy Sweeper 4.5 which I got from the net along with the key. The problem is that it doesn't update it's defination and so I am open to all new spying stuffs.

See, I have no intentions of discussing about pirated softwares, but just the problem I am facing. Is there a way to update it's defination apart from the update link in the software itself which I have already tried and failed. Incase not, please recommend me some other good spyware software that has a real time protection feature.

Thank you.

anandk

Distinguished Member
i suggest u use 2 atleast.
microsoft anti-spyware AND
adware OR spywaredoctor v 3.1 (freeware) OR spybot.

Ravi+ish

Journeyman
I think the one by MS... is the best,,... it works REALLY well and updates itself too.. the intrface as slick as u expect from MS!!!

h_kunte

Journeyman
Spybot S & D with all the updates is the best spyware deticting s/w around.....Its scanning rate is fast & is really efficient...

Else use a firewall, to know beforehand about any access attempt which might be made to your PC......An access attempt might however not be a spyware at work at all times....

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
go4saket said:
Which Spyware program should I use???

None

:lol: :lol: :lol:

man.... u r suppose to use Anti Spyware program to get rid of the spyware program infecting ur PC... why would one want spyware in his PC??

lol....

anyway... i support ishaan,

ishaan said:
i use microsoft antispyware and spybot s&d

OP
go4saket

go4saket

Thanks a lot for all your recommendations but as you guys suggested, Spybot and MS Anti Spyware, I found problems with both of them.

Spybots doesn't provide a real time protection. Thus it allows the spy softwares to enter your system and you can only get rid of them when you go for a system scanning. What I wanted was some software which wouldn't allow the spywares to enter my system atall.

As for MS Anti-Spyware, I used it for some time but never did I find it detecting any spy's which other softwares like Spy Sweeper & Spy Bots found many that were present in my system. Forget about that, I purpously installed a spying software called Starr with MS Anti-Spyware installed but it never detected it. So I find this software to be absolutely useless.

Talking about a firewall, it's work is to inform you which softwares are using your network. Now if I am using Yahoo Messenger for example which has a built in spying software, all the firewall is going to tell you is that Yahoo is using your network connection. Once you allow Yahoo, the path for the spying softwares are wide open. In the same way there are so many syping software that send mails through your system which cannot be blocked with a firewall.

So let find some thing that can actually stop spying softwares to actually enter your system.

hsksattish

Broken In
Use spyware blaster too.It mainly blocks the bad downloads of files.And it doesnt need to be running.Just immunise and exit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom